1 (edited by fusionemail 2023-01-21 02:41:40)

Topic: per-user and per-domain transport

This is iredmail 1.3.2, but I don't think my issue is version specific. I think I'm doing something wrong. I would like to buy pro, but I need minimum viable concept working first.

Migrating away from an Exchange cluster to iredmail (ideally... some kinks need to addressed in our design regarding retention and compliance rules).

The (xxx.yyy) domain currently is transported from iredmail to the exchange server. This has been working well.

domain is xxx.yyy, transport is relay:[exchange.xxx.yyy]:25 and everything is good.

We want to start moving individual users over to the new server (not this iredmail install). So we created the user in mailbox as:

insert into mailbox (username, domain, transport) values ('user@xxx.yyy','xxx.yyy','relay:[newired.aaa.yyy]');

we've tried adding a dummy maildir to it.

The documentation says per-user should take priority over the domain-based transport. However, this does not seem to be working that way.

the control panel sees the user as having been created.  There are no errors generated by postfix... it just appears to not see or ignore the per-user entries.

Sorry for the new thread, the old thread seems to be locked.

thanks in advance!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: per-user and per-domain transport

fusionemail wrote:

The documentation says per-user should take priority over the domain-based transport. However, this does not seem to be working that way.

Any related errors in Postfix log file?
We cannot help much without related log.

3 (edited by fusionemail 2023-01-24 02:23:10)

Re: per-user and per-domain transport

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
fusionemail wrote:

Any related errors in Postfix log file?
We cannot help much without related log.

Thank you, there is no error in the postfix log. Since you hinted that it should "just work" we looked at the SQL strings and saw that if the domain is configured as backupmx='1' it won't work. Obviously we don't know what that setting is and setting it to zero solved the problem.

thanks!