Topic: apply restriction on Mail list

Hello All,

We are using iRedMail with iRedAdmin pro 1.1.1 in hosting environment with ldap backend.
We have the option to create mail lists in iRedAdmin and restrict it, but it doesnt work. Everyone can send emails to this mail lists. I believe this is by design.

From some old posts, I see that we can restrict the mail list using mlapd. I tried to follow the instructions available to integrate mlapd with postfix, however it is not working.
Is there any documentation from iRedMail users or could someone share the procedure or sample configurations?

Below mlapd link says that it works well with iRedMail.
http://code.google.com/p/mlapd/wiki/IntegrationNotes
There are couple of iredmail link inside this, but both of them are not accessible.

Could someone share the procedure to integrate mlapd with iRedMail?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: apply restriction on Mail list

Wow

iRedAdmin-Pro MUST work with iRedAPD, a python-powered simple postfix policy daemon, to support mail list deliver restrictions. As you saw in mlapd mail list, i found mlapd before, and, iRedAPD is based on mlapd, released under GPL (same as mlapd).

Here is iRedAPD installation guide:
http://www.iredmail.org/iredapd_installation.html

You can get mail list deliver restrictions after you install and configure it correctly.

Actually, the newest iRedAPD-1.3.0 can do sender restrictions too. I will write the installation guide later. (Sorry, a little busy these days)

Post any questions here, i will response as soon as possible.

Thanks Zhang
We got iRedAdmin-Pro-1.2.0 yesterday. I will upgrade iRedAdmin first and then install iRedAPD. I hope the instructions to install iRedAPD remains the same. Please let me know if there is anything I need to be aware. I will perform this today and let you know he result.

4 (edited by aszczupal 2021-01-09 04:01:01)

Hi All
I do not want to create new topic ....so I continue..
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.3.2
- iRedAdmin-Pro: 4.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CENTOS 7.9.2009
==========================

I want to provide local distibution list without access from Internet. And I can not :-(

..for example: I have domain : example.com , I prepared mailing list "it1@example.com" , add few local real e-mail address and set up restiction:
"Who can send email to this list: --> Users under same domain and its sub-domains" ( of course via iRedAdmin-PRO) .
I expected that this "alias" will work only for local senders (for internal use..)
... I and still CAN sent mail from real internet address :-( .
any idea ? , maybe I do not understand something..
Regards
Adam

PineMail11 wrote:

I hope the instructions to install iRedAPD remains the same.

It's the same.

aszczupal wrote:

I do not want to create new topic ....so I continue..

Please create a new one. Don't hijack other's thread, and it's a mess to answer different questions belonged to different users in one thread ...