Topic: [SOLVED] Fail2ban problems
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debain 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: none
I have two problems with fail2ban :
A mail server with my company works a lot is still banned (verified by using iptables-save). I liked to "whitelist" the server IP address and to do so, I added IP address in /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf in "ignoreip". Restarted the server and IP is still banned after minutes. What missed I ?
/var/log/fail2ban.log is empty (and rotated logs too). I don't modify anything except the ignoreip variable. I have "logtarget = FILE /var/log/fail2ban.log" in /etc/fail2ban/fail2ban.conf. What missed I ?
Thanks in advance