- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: sogo.log
====

Hi,

I have just completed my new fresh installation of new iRedMail server with Admin-Pro. Everything is working fine, however SOGO only accepts login of postmaster email ID and rejecting every other IDs by saying: Authentication Faild Wrong Username or Password.

Same ID passwords are working in roundcube but not in SOGo.

I also wanted to change default URL to SOGo and did change following line in sogo.conf

Default: ProxyPass /SOGo http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo retry=0

Changed: ProxyPass /mail http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo retry=0

Default URL gets changed perfectly fine but it do not accepts any login. not even of postmaster.

Require help here.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: User's login not working in SOGo

A known bug in iRedMail-0.9.5, and we repacked it with this fix.

To fix it, please reset user password to SSHA instead of SSHA512. And change DEFAULT_PASSWORD_SCHEME in iRedAdmin-Pro config file:

DEFAULT_PASSWORD_SCHEME = 'SSHA'

Restarting Apache is required.

Hi Zhang,

I changed in following file and restarted httpd but no luck with sogo login

/var/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-2.6.0/settings.py

Also tried changing value in /var/www/iRedAdmin-0.6/settings.py to DEFAULT_PASSWORD_SCHEME = 'SSHA' but still sogo not taking any user's login.

Is it something that have to change at sogo config files?

Oh, forgot to mention that you have to reset passwords for existing mail users.

Hi Zhang,

You mean to say all user's passwords? That would be very difficult for all users as I am having atleast 700 users with 6 domains. Is there any other way?

Hi Zhang,

When I checked resetting one user's password from iRed-AdminPro still SOGo does not allow login and throws ID password wrong error.

Hi ketan.aagja,

*) Did you deployed a new iRedMail-0.9.5 server? or upgraded from old iRedMail release?
*) Did you restart Apache service? (so that newly created users will be able to login with a SSHA password.)
*) Did you change password schema name in SOGo config file (/etc/sogo/sogo.conf) and Roundcube password plugin? (change 'ssha512' to 'ssha')

Hi Zhang,

I deployed a new iRedMail-0.9.5 on new server. Imported all my users domains from old ldap structure to new server. copied ally emails from old to new server. Verified everything which is working fine.

Changed following files as per your instructions:

/var/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-2.6.0/settings.py
/var/www/iRedAdmin-0.6/settings.py to DEFAULT_PASSWORD_SCHEME = 'SSHA'

Now changed /etc/sogo/sogo.conf file and changed following parameters:

UserPasswordAlgorithm : ssha  <<--- this entry is found two times in sogo.conf file so changed in both

Restarted Apache and sogo services.

Tried changing one account's password from roundcube and tried login into SOGO but still same error ID password message.

ketan.aagja wrote:

Tried changing one account's password from roundcube and tried login into SOGO but still same error ID password message.

What's the value of parameter 'password_ldap_encodage' in Roundcube password plugin config file? It should be /var/www/roundcubemail/plugins/password/config.inc.php on CentOS.

$config['password_ldap_encodage'] = "ssha";

SSHA should be fine. Did you check whether the password is a ssha hash?

Yes Zhang,

Password is in form of SSHA. I have attached screenshot of ldapadmin utility for reference.

Post's attachments

Untitled.png
Untitled.png 26.52 kb, 3 downloads since 2016-05-06 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

SOGo works fine with SSHA.
actually, SOGo binds to LDAP as user dn, so if the password is supported by LDAP server, it should work. SSHA is popular and supported by OpenLDAP.