1 (edited by Chrissicom 2017-08-18 14:47:46)

Topic: SOGo not showing IMAP subfolders [solved]

I am running a fresh installation of iRedMail 0.9.7 with nginx and only SOGo installed as webmail client. When logging in I do not see any subfolders. It doesn't matter whether these subfolders are created through the SOGo interface or in Mozilla Thunderbird, they won't show up, although they show as subscribed when I choose to subscribe to folders manually.
The subfolders do show up in Mozilla Thunderbird, no matter if I create them in Thunderbird or through the SOGo webinterface.

Please help!

Edit: Searching actually works in the SOGo webinterface, I just can't browse through the e-mails manually. So the mails are definitely there and readable by SOGo.

Post's attachments

2017-08-17 17_41_29-SOGo - Archive.png
2017-08-17 17_41_29-SOGo - Archive.png 7.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

2017-08-17 17_42_10-SOGo - Inbox.png
2017-08-17 17_42_10-SOGo - Inbox.png 7.97 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

2017-08-17 17_42_22-2010 - mail@christophsackl.de - Mozilla Thunderbird.png
2017-08-17 17_42_22-2010 - mail@christophsackl.de - Mozilla Thunderbird.png 5.96 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo not showing IMAP subfolders [solved]

Your screenshots make me confused, it shows you can view sub-folders. but your topic complains it doesn't show sub-folders.

3 (edited by Chrissicom 2017-08-18 14:47:20)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Your screenshots make me confused, it shows you can view sub-folders. but your topic complains it doesn't show sub-folders.

See the first screenshot of the SOGo web interface. "Archive" is shown but not the subfolders 2004, 2005, ...

In Thunderbird I can see the subfolders however and even when I manage folder subscriptions manually in SOGo I see the subfolders as subscribed as well, but they are never shown in the mail part itself in SOGo. Searching for messages does deliver results however as I wrote.

Really weird ...

Edit: OK, problem solved. You need to click the folder icon to expand the view. This wasn't intuitive enough for me it seems, but also others, because I found some other people on the net with this issue and the answer was just click the folder icon big_smile. This can be closed.

Post's attachments

2017-08-18 08_45_22-SOGo - Inbox.png
2017-08-18 08_45_22-SOGo - Inbox.png 3.55 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Chrissicom wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

See the first screenshot of the SOGo web interface. "Archive" is shown but not the subfolders 2004, 2005, ...

In Thunderbird I can see the subfolders however and even when I manage folder subscriptions manually in SOGo I see the subfolders as subscribed as well, but they are never shown in the mail part itself in SOGo. Searching for messages does deliver results however as I wrote.

Really weird ...

Edit: OK, problem solved. You need to click the folder icon to expand the view. This wasn't intuitive enough for me it seems, but also others, because I found some other people on the net with this issue and the answer was just click the folder icon big_smile. This can be closed.

Great! I've been facing a similar situation. SOGo is completely illogical at times!

Dear all,

Please report this UX issue to SOGo team, so that you will get it improved in future release.
https://sogo.nu/bugs/

If you don't report, SOGo developers won't realize this is a problem. So, GO GO GO.