Topic: Trying to send from iRedOS 0.6.0 to Exchange

I have an Exchange Server (2007 version) on my network behind a Cisco ASA firewall at 10.1.1.100. I am trying to replace a Windows based generic email server with iRedOS server. Currently mail between my Windows generic email server and Exchange works fine.  iRedOS will be at 192.168.11.1 also behind the same ASA.  I can ping the Exchange server from the iRedOS server and ping the iRedOS server from Exchange.  I can also ping both from the existing Windows generic email server.  I need to be able send mail to and from each one internally so that if ISP goes down mail between the two will still function.  I have tried setting up in /etc/hosts and I now have Bind 9 setup from notes I found on this forum.  Both subnets have their own Windows 2003 Domain controllers.  I have iRedAdmin- Pro 1.3.0 setup and working well.  I am just not sure where I need to make changes to make this work.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Trying to send from iRedOS 0.6.0 to Exchange

Sorry, i don't fully understand what it means:

need to be able send mail to and from each one internally so that if ISP goes down mail between the two will still function

Can you please explain clearer? Thanks smile

3 (edited by sysadm47362 2010-12-08 09:29:07)

Re: Trying to send from iRedOS 0.6.0 to Exchange

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Sorry, i don't fully understand what it means:

need to be able send mail to and from each one internally so that if ISP goes down mail between the two will still function

Can you please explain clearer? Thanks smile

I am here in the Midwestern US and we sometimes have the ISP go down due to stormy weather.  By having our email send to the LAN address we can still function between the Departments even if the ISP fails.  (One department is local government and the other is Public Safety - 911.) 
The current server communicates with Exchange without any ISP and Exchange communicates with the current server.  No special setup required to do this.  iRedOS will not currently do this it tries to use the external ip address.