Topic: special folders disappearing

Hello all,
I have a question related to iRedmail that I'll try to explain in a simple way.

I've installed iRedMail 0.6.1 on a centos 5.5 64bit on a mysql based setup, I create users through the "create_mail_user_MySQL.sh" script file and the users can login and all their special folders are created in roundcube automatically.
Howerver if:
1) I delete the user from the "mailbox" table in vmail db or from the postfixadmin panel
2) delete the folder of the user (lets say /var/vmail/vmail01/u/us/use/user )
3) then re-create the same user using the same output.sql (using create_mail_user_MySQL.sh script)

After the above points when the user login to roundcube, it seems that all the special folders are not recreated again, there's only INBOX folder and the other special folders have to be recreated manually...
I found out as well that when creating new users, the "alias" table hold only the original www@domain.ltd user but it doesn't create the other users (I'm very confused now if that's a normal behaviour)

Is there anything I missed when deleting the user and recreating it again? why the special folders are not re-created as originally? I can't find any errors in the /var/logs folder related to the reason of not re-creating the folders

Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance.
nousa.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: special folders disappearing

nousa wrote:

After the above points when the user login to roundcube, it seems that all the special folders are not recreated again, there's only INBOX folder and the other special folders have to be recreated manually...

It's mentioned here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post7242.html#p7242

nousa wrote:

I found out as well that when creating new users, the "alias" table hold only the original www@domain.ltd user but it doesn't create the other users (I'm very confused now if that's a normal behaviour)

It's correct.
But PostfixAdmin needs an addition record in "vmail.alias" like below, with same address in both column "address" and "goto", so that it can handle catch-all address:

mysql> select address,goto from alias;
+---------------+-----------------+
| address       | goto            |
| www@a.cn      | www@a.cn        |

3 (edited by nousa 2011-01-25 23:18:18)

Re: special folders disappearing

OK, the safest way now for me would be to delete the user from the "user" table in roundcube before I re-create the same user again (it's an additional step I have to put in my procedure, maybe one day I will automate this by a script)

Thanks Again, and keep up the good work.
nousa

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
nousa wrote:

It's mentioned here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post7242.html#p7242

nousa wrote:

It's correct.
But PostfixAdmin needs an addition record in "vmail.alias" like below, with same address in both column "address" and "goto", so that it can handle catch-all address:

mysql> select address,goto from alias;
| address       | goto            |
| www@a.cn      | www@a.cn        |