1 (edited by javi31b 2019-08-14 12:31:37)

Topic: Error Installing iRedMail in FreeBSD12

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail 0.9.9
- Deployed with downloadable installer
- FreeBSD 12
- MySQL
- Nginx
====

Hello!

Using the installation guide and trying to install iRedMail on FreeBSD12 always fails using the downloadable script.

The installation stops at this error:

make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/mail/altermime
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/security/amavisd-new
<< ERROR >>  Tarballs were not downloaded correctly, please fix it manually and then re-execute iRedMail.sh

This has happened on clean/fresh FreeBSD installations in 1) a virtualbox vm 2) a bare metal install.

seems altermime is broken and unfetchable. is there any way to fix the script or do something manually for the installation to finish?

thanks!

EDIT: also failed while attempting to install under a FreeNAS 11.2 jail. Same error.

Re: Error Installing iRedMail in FreeBSD12

Try this:

cd /usr/ports/security/amavisd-new/
make config

Uncheck "AlterMIME" and save.
Then run iRedMail installer again.

This has been fixed in development edition of iRedMail.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

Thanks! I will try it right away.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this:

make config

Question: Where can i download the development edition of iRedMail?

https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/get/tip.zip

Is there a solution with altermime-0.3.11 or install developer version iRedMail?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this:

make config

yerkin wrote:

Is there a solution with altermime-0.3.11 or install developer version iRedMail?

As the FreeBSD ports mentions, altermime is too old and not maintained by anyone, so the port maintainer(s) marks it as BROKEN.

Currently, iRedMail development edition disables altermime support for Amavisd, this way the installation works fine.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Currently, iRedMail development edition disables altermime support for Amavisd, this way the installation works fine.

If one installs the development edition (1.0.0-beta1 as I understand it), would it be difficult to upgrade to the release version (1.0.0) later on?

uda wrote:

If one installs the development edition (1.0.0-beta1 as I understand it), would it be difficult to upgrade to the release version (1.0.0) later on?

We don't offer detailed upgrade tutorial for beta or the latest development edition, so you're free to try it on testing server, but do not deploy it for production.

----

buy me a cup of coffee

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this:

make config

When I try this, the same error re-appears. I think the installer sets "AlterMIME" as an option even though I have unchecked it. Is there a portion of the installer I can tweak?

So after my initial failed attemps at installing iRedMail on FreeBSD in both a jail and on a fresh FreeBSD install i went with a Linux VM and it worked beautifully.

Now i tried again with the development link provided and i was able to install iRedMail without any apparent problems. I have it running on a Jail and i can access the iredadmin gui and roundcube.

However now im running into some sort of outgoing SMTP problem; this is the log i get when i try to connect the account to my email client via IMAP:

----------SMTP----------
220 mail.xxxxxx.xxxxxx ESMTP Postfix
EHLO Phoenix
250-mail.xxxxxx.xxxxxx
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 15728640
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-DSN
250-SMTPUTF8
250 CHUNKING
STARTTLS
220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
EHLO Phoenix
250-mail.xxxxxx.xxxxxx
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 15728640
250-ETRN
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-DSN
250-SMTPUTF8
250 CHUNKING
AUTH PLAIN amX2aUB0aGVoaXRlb3V0Lm5ldHdvcmsAamX2aUB0aGVoaXRlb3V0Lm5ldHdvcmsALktyeXB0bzXyMC4=
235 2.7.0 Authentication successful
MAIL FROM:<xxxx@xxxxxx.xxxxxx>
250 2.1.0 Ok
RCPT TO:<email@invalid.com>
451 4.3.5 <email@invalid.com>: Recipient address rejected: Server configuration problem

SMTP Last Response Code: 451

SMTP Last Response: 4.3.5 <email@invalid.com>: Recipient address rejected: Server configuration problem

When i try to test outgoing email from roundcube to one of my gmail accounts i get:

SMTP Error (451): Failed to add recipient "xxxx@gmail.com" (4.3.5 <xxxx@gmail.com>: Recipient address rejected: Server configuration problem).

thoughts?

I am using the same firewall,router,forwarding rules as for my VM, which has no problem sending or receiving.

javi31b wrote:

SMTP Error (451): Failed to add recipient "xxxx@gmail.com" (4.3.5 <xxxx@gmail.com>: Recipient address rejected: Server configuration problem).

Any other error in Postfix log file?

----

buy me a cup of coffee