Re: Wishlist for iRedMail-0.8.0

Hello everybody,

I'd love to have the opportunity to choose an individual username.

Currently the username used for pop3, imap or roundcube is always the users email address.
Although there's fail2ban to monitor hacking attempts one credential of a users email address is obvious: The username.

Therefore an individual username would increase the security of the mailbox, even if the user choose a guessable password.

Greetings
Martin

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

You can specify username while creating mail account.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can specify username while creating mail account.

That's right.

What I meant is the username, loginname or whatever one calls it that is used to

a u t h e n t i c a t e  against any service of the server like

* pop3
* imap
* roundcube webmail

I tested the "Display Name" and "User ID", but these fields have no impact on the login.

Sorry, if I didn't manage to point this out correctly.

104 (edited by wica 2011-11-16 18:34:12)

Hi,

Something I really mis in the iRedmail, is a easy way to use multiple servers.
The best way todo this, I think would be using the iRedMail.sh install script
bash iRedMail.sh --install dovecot
bash iRedMail.sh --install web_interfaces
bash iRedMail.sh --install ldap_consumer

In the iRedmail install dir. there is allready a config file. So if we copy this dir to a other server. we can easly install 1 or more services.

Hi @wica,

I completely understand your request, will improve iRedMail installation wizard in future release.
I created issue #74 to track this feature: http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/issues/detail?id=74

106 (edited by OviVan 2011-11-20 21:37:53)

try to get rid of the Greylisting because it`s to SLOW painful SLOW ! when receiving the emails first time
I know we can disable it but than we may receive some of the spam emails...

implement the Bayesian spam filtering self learned...

PS: make an option to disable-enable the Bayesian spam filtering for those who don`t want to use it...

Thank You !

OviVan wrote:

implement the Bayesian spam filtering self learned...

Request accepted. Thanks for your feedback. smile

add a choice during installation "create random passwords for admin-accounts"

so we do not need to provide passwords (that might be weak) but get auto-created passwords (like for the other auto-created-admin-accounts)

these passwords are readable from the tips-file at the end and might even get printed out on the last "tips-screen"

mike.f wrote:

add a choice during installation "create random passwords for admin-accounts"

so we do not need to provide passwords (that might be weak) but get auto-created passwords (like for the other auto-created-admin-accounts)

these passwords are readable from the tips-file at the end and might even get printed out on the last "tips-screen"

Hi Mike,

The reason why we ask user to type admin password during installation is to avoid confusion, otherwise we will get many forum posts like "What's admin account AND PASSWORD?". So i prefer to let user type it manually.

But, how about provide a random password above input field? If you are lazy and don't want to generate a complex password, you can copy it directly.

this would be a nice to have smile

Created issue #77 to track this feature request. Thanks for your feedback. smile

Very useful feature like Incoming message size throttling for one user (overwrite the main.conf default settings).

I know its impossible to make by the postfix, but the policyd2 my have to do it with Email Message Checks in Amavis module of policyd2
http://www.policyd.org/content/amavis

Please, add this feature in iRedAdminPro too, to manage this feature, if course if it possible.

iRedMail ships Policyd-1.8x, it supports incoming message size throttling too.
Reference: http://policyd.sourceforge.net/readme.html

iRedAdmin-Pro achieves part of them. Screenshots:

*) Per-user throttling setting:
http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/user_profile_throttle.png

*) Per-domain throttling setting:
http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/domain_profile_throttle.png

Sorry,
but still can't find incoming message size throttling in Policyd-1.8x sad
It has only message count in time limit.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedMail ships Policyd-1.8x, it supports incoming message size throttling too.
Reference: http://policyd.sourceforge.net/readme.html

iRedAdmin-Pro achieves part of them. Screenshots:

Hi @labasus,

It makes me confused, What does your "Incoming message size throttling for one user" exactly mean? Attachment size per message?

"Incoming message size throttling for one user" sample:

1) user1 - can receive messages (emails), which size is limited to <=5MB
2) user2 - can receive messages (emails), which size is limited to <=10MB

----
And the perfect combinations with in first thing (by user) can be throttling by domains if it possible of cause...

"Incoming message size throttling by domains" sample:

1) domain1.tld - can receive messages (emails), which size is limited to <=15MB
2) domain2.tld - can receive messages (emails), which size is limited to <=25MB

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi @labasus,

It makes me confused, What does your "Incoming message size throttling for one user" exactly mean? Attachment size per message?

I would suggest to have some script or utility to check ldap database (referential) integrity in case of a BDB or MySQL backend. Very handy after a database problem or if you have to recover a corrupt database.

I would like to have round cube plugins integrated.

For e.g. "Compose in New Window", "Mark as Junk", "Vacation" and a good working shared address book.

Hi!
As I prefer apache2-mpm-worker (threaded) it would be a nice option to select this instead of default apache2-mpm-prefork.

Thanks,
haggis

Hi haggis, You can install apache2-mpm-worker manually.

Hello!

Good list of features especially Dovecot 2.0 and PostgreSQL. I personally have been waiting for PostgreSQL support.

I'd also like to have an option to chose my webserver.  I run iredmail on a 256MB VM and apache is the biggest memory hog.

nginx + php=fpm works well compared to apache + mod_php.  I think nginx is a perfect complement to high-performance mail server without sacrificing features.  Apache can be provided as an option just like LDAP and MySQL backends.

Steve

myrtuser wrote:

Good list of features especially Dovecot 2.0 and PostgreSQL. I personally have been waiting for PostgreSQL support.

Then please help test it to make it stable. smile

myrtuser wrote:

nginx + php=fpm works well compared to apache + mod_php.  I think nginx is a perfect complement to high-performance mail server without sacrificing features.  Apache can be provided as an option just like LDAP and MySQL backends.

We did think about this before.

In my opinion, more people are familiar with Apache, so we will stick on Apache at this time. Not too many users complains about performance issue, or they replaced Apache with Nginx themselves without sharing with our community.
If someone contributes Nginx+php solution for iRedMail, i will merge it into iRedMail soon. smile

How about individual quarantine reports per user mailbox with link in it to release the message on a per user basis. Will save the admin much trouble.

Also how about an interface to adjust spam threashhold through iredadmin panel versus having to tweak scoring via shell.

Hi Cory,

These two should be achieved in iRedAdmin-Pro, not iRedMail.

coryvmcs1@gmail.com wrote:

How about individual quarantine reports per user mailbox with link in it to release the message on a per user basis. Will save the admin much trouble.

Will achieve it in future release, please be patient.

coryvmcs1@gmail.com wrote:

Also how about an interface to adjust spam threashhold through iredadmin panel versus having to tweak scoring via shell.

Still no plan, sorry.

[CANCELLED] SpamAssassin Bayesian spam filtering and self-learning.

Why this?