Topic: Upgrade from Ubuntu 18 to 20.04 - nginx error and will not start

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): SQL 4.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
I delayed the update for this very reason.  Ubuntu updated fine, but iRedAdmin-Pro did not update correctly.  I may have overwritten a config file during the update by choosing Y instead of N when prompted.

php7.3-fpm service is active

This is the result when trying to start nginx:

mx systemd[1]: Starting A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server...
Jun 07 14:54:23 mx nginx[389096]: nginx: [warn] the "ssl" directive is deprecated, use the "listen ... ssl" directive instead in /etc/nginx/t>
Jun 07 14:54:23 mx nginx[389096]: nginx: [emerg] no port in upstream "php_workers" in /etc/nginx/templates/fastcgi_php.tmpl:13
Jun 07 14:54:23 mx nginx[389096]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
Jun 07 14:54:23 mx systemd[1]: nginx.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jun 07 14:54:23 mx systemd[1]: nginx.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jun 07 14:54:23 mx systemd[1]: Failed to start A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server.

Nginx.Conf file attached.

Please lead me in the right direction to resolve this issue.  I have looked at other posts on this forum and across the Googles, and the answer that may have fixed it for others was to verify that php-fpm is running.  Mine is.  (php7.3-fpm)

Re: Upgrade from Ubuntu 18 to 20.04 - nginx error and will not start

Did you follow our tutorial here?
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.ubunt … 20.04.html

----

Buy me a cup of coffee ($5) to support iRedMail:

buy me a cup of coffee