Topic: upgrade to iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.1.0

hello,

I just read trough the upgrade steps on the link:

http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … /1.0-1.1.0

and I begin with the first step: Update SQL structure of vmail database from this link:

http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … l_database

and once I begin to update the database I got the error about the duplicate as described below:

ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'enablesmtpsecured'

Please, can You create the .sql script so we can just extract it via PhpMyAdmin it so much more easier ....

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: upgrade to iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.1.0

is it possible for you create for example .bin install file which can upgrade the iRedAdminPro in no time ... ?
so we don`t need to run trough these manual steps... I saw other applications when they run update or upgrade, there is only one .bin file and when you run it everything is updated-upgraded in no time, no errors, no bother the developer with errors we receive during update-upgrade etc....

any progress on this ?

OviVan wrote:

ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'enablesmtpsecured'

You can ignore this error message. Because column "enablesmtpsecured" already exists on your SQL server.

OviVan wrote:

is it possible for you create for example .bin install file which can upgrade the iRedAdminPro in no time ... ?

Impossible.

Normally, upgrading iRedMail is just changing some config files, add/remove some SQL columns/indexes.
If all admins didn't change any config files, then it's possible to create a '.bin' file to update your iRedMail server.
The problem is, almost all admins will change some config files, and we can't know what you changed, so it's impossible to write a file to updating config files on your server.

Honestly, iRedMail requires system admins have (VERY) basic knowledges of Linux system administrations, MySQL, etc.

I understand, that`s not a difficult as it is now that`s not the reason I asked about the .bin file, but the .bin file
would make it easier and faster nothing more...

thank You for replay, I will ignore these errors...