Topic: iRedMail-1.6.3 has been released

Don't forget to check out our new product "Spider Email Archiver": a lightweight, on-premises email archiving software: https://spiderd.io/
--------

Dear all,

iRedMail-1.6.3 has been released, it's a small bug fix release, with regular packages upgrade and new distribution release (OpenBSD 7.3) support.

Here's major changes since iRedMail-1.6.2:

Supports new distribution release
  • OpenBSD 7.3. Note: 7.1, 7.2 have been dropped.

Improvements
  • SOGo Groupware is now available on Ubuntu 22.04. Thanks to SOGo team.

• Disable TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 in Postfix. They're also disabled in Nginx and Dovecot.

Fixed issues
  • [MariaDB] Missing index for SQL column `forwardings.forwarding`.

• Missing Python module web.py on CentOS/Rocky/AlmaLinux.

• FreeBSD ports tree is now up to date, main packages: MariaDB 10.6, PostgreSQL 15, OpenLDAP 2.6, PHP 8.1, Python 3.9, Perl 5.36

Updated packages
  • Roundcube -> 1.6.1

• iRedAPD -> 5.3

• mlmmjadmin -> 3.1.7

• iRedAdmin -> 2.3

• netdata -> 1.39.1

• fail2ban -> 1.0.2 (OpenBSD)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail-1.6.3 has been released

Dear Zhang Huangbin:

I have waited with great pleasure for a new version of iredmail to come out.....and I was very excited because I thought that I was finally going to be able to install iredmail in rokylinux 9.......because I had previously let you know about that I could not access the rouncubemail once it was installed.

To my surprise in this new version I reinstalled iredmail and to my surprise I still have the same problem with rouncubemamail that is not displayed and this message occurs in the browser:

Oops... something went wrong!

An internal error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time.

For administrators: Please check the application and/or server error logs for more information.

I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MIGRATE MY SERVER TO ROKYLINUX 9 YET because of this detail, because my users use webmail to access the server.

Any solution to this little mishap.

Greetings

3 (edited by ybritozamora 2023-05-25 22:31:22)

Dear Zhang Huangbin:

Dear Zhang Huang Bin:

From the previous error I tried to use the remi repositories for rokylinux9 and it partially gave me some package dependency errors that when installing them the system ran and the script was installed and I accessed rouncubemail... that is to say remi's php 8.2 works, and the previous error I wrote is removed. Greetings

references:

https://www.linuxcapable.com/how-to-ins … cky-linux/

iRedMail doesn't use other third-party yum repositories except EPEL. Please do not enable other repos for iRedMail installation.

The problem with the above is that I tried to install iredmail 1.6.2 in rokylinux 9 and thinking that the rouncubemail problem would be solved, I tried to install iRedmail 1.6.3 and the rouncubemail problem continues, not accessing webmail:

"Oops... something went wrong!

An internal error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time.

For administrators: Please check the application and/or server error logs for more information."

I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MIGRATE MY SERVER TO ROKYLINUX 9 YET because of this detail, because my users use webmail to access the server.

Any solution to this little mishap.

Greetings

I don't have issue on Rocky 9 with latest iRedMail-1.6.3.
Did you get any related error in /var/log/maillog and /var/log/nginx/*.log? Please create a new forum topic for this issue.

On a FreeBSD (13.2) install, the build for openldap26-server fails at configure. The port requires dynacl to be set if aci is set.

In functions/packages_freebsd.sh, I changed:

OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=ACI
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=DYNACL

to

OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=ACI
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=DYNACL

OpenLDAP suggests that these may be moved to loadable modules in the future. If they are not required for iRedMail, perhaps they can both be unset?

Thanks!

I been using iRedMail with Ubuntu 22.04 without issues. Started with Rocky Linux 9.1 but seems to be issues. I might deploy a secondary MX for backup porpoises and test what's up with this.

Does this release support Debian 12?

10 (edited by Cthulhu 2023-07-04 03:03:13)

Debian 12 is supported by dev:

https://github.com/iredmail/iRedMail

1.6.4 comes aloong with some other improvements and fixes