Topic: Relay emails to ISP

I installed iRedMail on my OpenSuse 12.1 server and though it was easy to do I still cant send or receive mail. I figured out why I cant send, so I paid for the SMTP relay service from my dynamic DNS provider but after editing postfix I still cant authenticate to there relay server for out going mail! I added the relay host with the proper port relay = [outbound.mailhop.org]:2525
and the other changes to smtp sasl, and I made the change to the sasl_passwd with outbound.mailhop.org:2525 username:password and I did postfix it make the saslpasswd.db file but I still can not authenticate to relay outbound mail.

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_security_options =
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = login

Please help with any suggestions

I keep seeing this in my log!
relay=outbound.mailhop.org[204.13.248.71]:2525, delay=0.41, delays=0.1/0.01/0.26/0.04, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host outbound.mailhop.org[204.13.248.71] said: 550 You must authenticate to use MailHop Outbound (in reply to MAIL FROM command))

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Relay emails to ISP

ronmitch4 wrote:

You must authenticate to use MailHop Outbound

I'm afraid that it's better to ask your ISP for support. sad