1 (edited by hferreira 2012-11-27 02:30:48)

Topic: Quota issues with migrated emails

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hey,

I'm trying to migrate the emails accounts from an old Postfix+dovecot+Mailscanner installation to iRedMail. I have the database and acccounts part covered, but I'm having issues with the email migration. I tranfer the emails from one server to another with scp and the emails appear in the webmail client but the quota calculation isn't right.

For example: I have copied a directory with 500mb worth of emails but the quota shows 0 kb used / 1GB (the quota i have defined) if I send an email to the new account (with the size of 1 kb for example) the quota updates to 1kb of 1Gb. I tried the imapsync utility and with it I managed to migrate the emails with the quota information displaying correctely but to use that tool have to know/reset the source account password which is a problem given that we have multiple domains with multiple accounts and I would like to do this as seamlessly as possible (that's why I'm overwritting the md5 hash password directly on MySQL so the users don't even have to change passwords).

I don't know if this helps but the email file name on my old mail server is something like 1353936396.M548977P7507V0000000000000811I0000000000249D43_0.<host>.<domain>.<tld>,S=527085:2 and on iRedMail is 1353520697.M877543P21369.<host>,S=1098,W=1139:2,

Any tips?

EDIT: I also have another question. Is the 587 port (email submission port) configured by default in postfix? If not how can i configure it withou losing spam filtering and tls/ssl authentication?

EDIT2: Some more questions. On Roundcube when I click in the filters menu it gives me this error:

PHP Error: Error loading template for managesieve.managesieve in /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.8.2/program/include/rcube_template.php on line 431 (GET /mail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.managesieve)

What can I do to solve this?

In which log file can I see the email been dropped to the mailbox? In postfix I see the email coming in and in Dovecot the IMAP and POP connections. In my old server this is done by maildrop (maildroprc.log).

How can I configure via console and web based gui the Out of office and the forward for the mail accounts?

Sorry for editing so much but I'm finding problems/questions as I go.

Thanks,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.