Topic: Admin panel, virus & quarantine

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.2
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, I was just wandering a few things:

1. - in the pro admin panel, on the dashboard, it shows that there is some mails that it detected with virus. When i click the number it takes me to the quarantine list. Is there anyway of determining which of the mail in the list is relating to which are being flagged as virus?

2. - is there currently anyway to send a summary to the end users of mail that has been quarantined, and allow them to view/release, or is this only available to do by admins. This would be a nice feature if not.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Admin panel, virus & quarantine

1: You must configure AMavisd to quarantine virus to SQL server first, then you can manage quarantined virus with iRedAdmin-Pro. Here's reference: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ining.SPAM

2: No, sorry. If you need to notify user, how about send to their mailbox directly and let them choose to delete it or mark it as clean?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

1: You must configure AMavisd to quarantine virus to SQL server first, then you can manage quarantined virus with iRedAdmin-Pro. Here's reference: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ining.SPAM

2: No, sorry. If you need to notify user, how about send to their mailbox directly and let them choose to delete it or mark it as clean?

Thanks for the reply, I have got quarantine setup and they are being filtered, however, I am referring more to finding the mail with the virus as opposed to other spam. My list in quarantine is 64 items, and the dashboard shows as 2 items with virus, when I click the 2 number hyperlink I am simply taken to the quarantine list with 64 items and was wandering how I detect which 2 of them are the ones with virus? is there anything that identifies these 2 opposed to standard spam?

Can you find it under column "Spam Level"? It should be empty.

== UPDATE ==
Sorry, we should add column "Reason" to explain why mail was quarantined. Ideally, it will show one of three: Banned, Spam, Virus.
Will improve iRedAdmin-Pro in future release.