1 (edited by soundarajan 2013-02-22 19:59:28)

Topic: Mailing list issue

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.8.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Zhang,

We had a problem yesterday.

1. User A sends a mail to 7 mailing lists. User A received 3250 bounced email saying mail quota exceded. Total users who's mail quota exceed was only 3 no's from the 7 mailing lists group

Why did the user A receive 3250 bounced emails instead of just 3 emails

2.  The three users also received individually 320 odds original emails sent by user A.

The quota for the above 3 users is 99%

Mails was sent by user A at 7.30 PM & the queue was cleared by me around 10:00PM. Based on the request from User A

I just need your input to debug this problem. Please reply me if any clarifications required.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mailing list issue

soundarajan wrote:

1. User A sends a mail to 7 mailing lists. User A received 3250 bounced email saying mail quota exceded. Total users who's mail quota exceed was only 3 no's from the 7 mailing lists group

- Whose mailboxes are quota exceeded?
- Related logs?

soundarajan wrote:

2.  The three users also received individually 320 odds original emails sent by user A.

Do you mean 320 duplicate emails? Please check Postfix log to see why it had so many duplicate emails.

Again, log log log.

1: Check log files to see what happened.
2: If you don't understand what the log complains, paste it here, and clearly explain what your issue is.