Topic: 25 port ( Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused)

HI All!
I have working mail system running on ===>>

- iRedMail version:     iRedMail-0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in MySQL
- Linux Ubuntu 12.04 server

Till 01.03.2013 were all the best ! Server worked perfectly. Server don`t touched anybody and nobody has access to it.
But now I have a problem, now 25 port is closed. I cannot receive mail from world.

I do a command telnet mail.domain.lv 25    and  see that message

Trying mai.domain.lv
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
root@mail:/etc/init.d#

I do a command telnet 127.0.0.1 25   receive

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.domain.lv ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.4/8.14.4/Debian-2ubuntu2; Sat, 2 Mar 2013 15:05:32 +0200; (No UCE/UBE) logging access from: localhost(OK)-localhost [127.0.0.1]

there is no any firewalls turned on, configuration doesn`t changed since installation...

Can please any help me ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 25 port ( Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused)

Oh, you have Sendmail running instead of Postfix. Please stop Sendmail service and start Postfix.
And, disable Sendmail service during system start up with command "update-rc.d" please.

Re: 25 port ( Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Oh, you have Sendmail running instead of Postfix. Please stop Sendmail service and start Postfix.
And, disable Sendmail service during system start up with command "update-rc.d" please.

Thank You very much for Your reply ZhangHuangbin !

But, today I totally clean reinstall Ubuntu and Iredmail.

Situation was that :
After Your answer I saw my mistake about sendmail. Next I`ve tried to start postfix, but system sad ---> postfix not installed smile
I cannot understand how it is may be. The next i`ve do apt-get install postfix, next /etc/init.d postfix start...
The system written in logs errors, I don`t remember what errors, logs I don`t saved. Next I`ve tried to repair that errors.

Simply were to do total reinstall and that`s all smile   user mails I have transferred to new system...
Thank You one more time !