1 (edited by Noah 2013-03-26 17:32:57)

Topic: Apache incredibly slow

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I don't have any sites up yet, besides Roundcube and iRedAdmin, but both of them are unbearably slow, and half the time the page doesn't load at all.

The server seems incredibly slow in general. Even SSH lags. Maybe this has to do with an upload I'm doing, but we'll see.

My RAM is within reasonable limits, but I get errors emailed to my first email account saying "out of memory!!!". And my VPS control panel shows my memory as maxed some of the time. And I get errors like "Internal server error" from Apache. Yet free -m lots of free ram.

I have not had problems like this before on this VPS server. Only after doing a fresh install with iRedmail.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Apache incredibly slow

- How much memory does your VPS have?
- Amavisd + SpamAssassin + ClamAV need much memory. Maybe you want to disable one of them, or some of them, or even all of them.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- How much memory does your VPS have?
- Amavisd + SpamAssassin + ClamAV need much memory. Maybe you want to disable one of them, or some of them, or even all of them.

It has 512MB guaranteed, 1024 burst. And yes, I am most curious about disabling ClamAV.

The first time I installed iRedmail, it locked me out of SSH and whenever I ran a webpage (iRedAdmin) the RAM would spike. If I waited awhile, the RAM would go down. But if I tried iRedAdmin again, same problem. I could maybe load one page, then a huge spike and I couldn't load anything.

I think I am having that same problem now. Can I safely reinstall apache2? There is something wrong with it's configuration, or maybe PHP5.

Shutting down ClamAV let's me use Apache pretty well. No more blank pages or RAM spikes. So I'd urgently like to know how to use mail without Clam AV.

Noah wrote:

So I'd urgently like to know how to use mail without Clam AV.

I replied your question here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic4648 … lamav.html