Topic: send local domain email from outbound (only) email server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have a problem sending mails to a recipient that is in the same domain as my outbound mail server (iRedMail). An STMP 550 error is raised.

I have setup an iRedMail server that acts only as a restricted outbound server on an isolated network (DMZ) for a specific application. It only has a couple of users like "help" that are defined locally. They are mirrors of the entries in the inbound server.

There is a another mail server on the internal network that handles all inbound email for my domain (example.com) and ties into the LDAP. There hundreds (if not thousands) of users in the LDAP.

The outbound server sometimes needs to send email from the outbound server to a user inside the domain. It would look something like this:

To: bigbob@example.com
    Subject: we are here to help ...

However, when I try to send an email to recipient in the inbound domain, I get an SMTP error that says that bigbob@example.com is not defined:

STMP Error (55): failed to add recipient "bigbob@example.com"
    (5.1.1 <bigbob@example.com>: Recipient address rejected:
    User unknown in virtual mailbox table.

NOTE: this works perfectly for users that are not in the local domain.

Is there a way to tell the system to send the message on without having to duplicate the LDAP entries locally?

I would prefer not to duplicate all of the users on the outbound server, if that is possible.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: send local domain email from outbound (only) email server

I think you can set a per-domain or per-user transport for this on outbound server.

Re: send local domain email from outbound (only) email server

Thank you for the suggestion. Postfix per user transport should do the trick. I will look into it.