- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
==== ==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 12.04 / deb 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Basically my website will have a nginx proxy front end, with apache2 on the main server, i need a way of using the iredmail system also, as i cant search here and there is over 3000 topics i will post

Option 1: iredmail and php website run on same apache2 server with nginx proxy vps server infront, this would mean the proxy vps needs to be a send and receive slave to the master server

Option 2: php website on the master server and iredmail on the vps proxy front end with Nginx, note the php site would need to "sendmail" from php via the proxy vps to not show as spoofing

Option 3: php website on the master server and iredmail on the vps proxy front end with Nginx, note the php site would need to "sendmail" from php via the proxy vps to not show as spoofing AND the iredmail on vps could use the MYSQL database on the master server to make it easier to backup

first time i have bothered with running my own mail system outside of cpanel etc, so its semi new to me.
Option 1 is the best for me and i think its easy to do, i just haven't worked out how to do it. i will also proxy the roundcube webmail tool easy with nginx and apache2
if any one knows how to do any of these ideas and/or knows/has a guide to do it, please let me know.

on the plus side, iredmail so dam easy to install/use etc, very nice all in one setup

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: nginx proxy front end to iredmail system + website

Option 1: If you can install iRedMail first, then deploy your web site with existing Apache (installed by iRedMail) that should be fine.

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH, CLEAN server os, so it's always a good idea to install iRedMail first, then your other applications.

i have no problem with iredmail + my website on same server, already tested once on deb6, my question is, if i use Option1 how do i go about setting up my vps proxy slave to be the recieve/send server for the master, and how to change the config of the master to use the slave for sending/recieve

as i have now come to the time of needing to finish this, any ideas for my post above?

Hi Jason,

Please check Nginx document instead.