Topic: iRedMail-0.6.0-beta1 release, works on FreeBSD.

Hi, all.

iRedMail-0.6.0-beta1 is available for testing, download now:

Major changes since 0.5.1 stable release:

• Works on FreeBSD 7.2 & 8.0 -release now, supports both i386 & x86_64/amd64. Here is installation guide.

• Domain alias support in MySQL backend.

• Software update:

• Dovecot -> 1.1.20

• PostfixAdmin -> 2.3, supports domain alias.

• phpMyAdmin -> 2.11.9.6

• Roundcube webmail -> 0.3.1. Plus managesieve, change password plugins.

• ClamAV -> 0.95.3

Note: This is a beta version, it's NOT recommended for product use.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail-0.6.0-beta1 release, works on FreeBSD.

great,. what about so popular Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 ?

Great news!

Maybe the final 0.6 release candidate can also ship some XMPP service like ejabberd?

Please add horde-webmail

yrjc2004 wrote:

Please add horde-webmail

there you go http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic6-sa … lmail.html

Let's get ejabberd support settled in before opening another construction site :-)

6 (edited by minimike 2010-01-10 06:52:07)

yrjc2004 wrote:

Please add horde-webmail

and don't forget to add kolab wink

iRedMail is a nice Mailserversolution. But currently after i have tryed to integrate Open Xchange and SOGo i am thinking to switch to Kolab.
Open Xchange is terrible with LDAP and a Setup with multiple domains. SOGo is still buggy and not usefull for an productive enviroment. ClearOS ships Kolab but the TCO for a interesting buisness frendly Licence are to high. Kolab self is distributing with OpenPKG. This Solution is not acceptable for me. Debian will ship Kolab full featured in Debian Squeeze, currently the testing brunch. If you know what are you doing, you will need the same time like with iRedmail to install a multidomain featured Mailserver with an LDAP backend, Webfrontends for Mail and administering +++ a Groupwaresuite there are working with PIM's like Outlook, Thunderbird, Kontact and Smartphones powered with Google Android or Blackberry.

minimike wrote:
yrjc2004 wrote:

Please add horde-webmail

and don't forget to add kolab wink

iRedMail is a nice Mailserversolution. But currently after i have tryed to integrate Open Xchange and SOGo i am thinking to switch to Kolab.
Open Xchange is terrible with LDAP and a Setup with multiple domains. SOGo is still buggy and not usefull for an productive enviroment. ClearOS ships Kolab but the TCO for a interesting buisness frendly Licence are to high. Kolab self is distributing with OpenPKG. This Solution is not acceptable for me. Debian will ship Kolab full featured in Debian Squeeze, currently the testing brunch. If you know what are you doing, you will need the same time like with iRedmail to install a multidomain featured Mailserver with an LDAP backend, Webfrontends for Mail and administering +++ a Groupwaresuite there are working with PIM's like Outlook, Thunderbird, Kontact and Smartphones powered with Google Android or Blackberry.

I'm very interested in a all-in-one solution to manage mail and PIM. It would be great if we were able to join Funambol and iRedMail. But any other solution will be appreciated.

Rashef wrote:

I'm very interested in a all-in-one solution to manage mail and PIM. It would be great if we were able to join Funambol and iRedMail. But any other solution will be appreciated.

The eseayest way will be Kolab for you. For a Solution with a future iRedMail i think Liferay will ships the best Infrastructures to establish a powerfull Groupwaresulution. The URL is www.liferay.com. Liefray it's more than a Portalsolution. User's can currently manage there Userspasswords with LDAP on a iRedMail System. I suggest the combination PostgreSQL -> Sun Glassfish v3 Enterprise Server (with JK enabeled) -> Liferay -> Apache

Maybe on iRedMail we should migrate Python to Jython and build a JSR 168 Portlet to integrate them in Liferay. Then we need somthing with Caldav and bindings to Funambol. And we need a Addressbook. The Integration of Alfresco Enteprise CMS is Possible. And CRM's are in masses integratable in Liferay.

Time to relaise one year with some Developers. Debian Squeeze will comes i thing next year in the Spring. There will ships Kolab as an acceptable solution. Currently i am porting Kolab for my Systems with Scientific Linux (a Clone of RHEL).

The Killerfeature of Kolab is you can run it with Masters ans Slaves. Spammassassine, ClamAV, Multidomains are supported too. You can administer it with a PHP Webfrontend (OK PHP is ugly wink) The Webinterface for Users is Horde. You can connect it with Funambol to PIM's and Smartphones.