1 (edited by risturiz 2009-12-27 01:55:59)

Topic: Spam management?

Actually i´m testing iredmail with some accounts, but some spam arrive to inbox...How you manage this? whitelist/blacklist? change amavis config? any way to mark the spam for future similar email?

Another thing is "spamd" don´t run auto... I have to start the service manual (i also edited /etc/default/spamassassin -> ENABLED=1) Know issue?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spam management?

risturiz wrote:

Actually i´m testing iredmail with some accounts, but some spam arrive to inbox..

You should enable debug in amavisd, so that you can know why it happened.

risturiz wrote:

How you manage this? whitelist/blacklist? change amavis config? any way to mark the spam for future similar email?

You have to integrate amavisd with LDAP/SQL, store whitelist/blacklist in LDAP/MYSQL.

risturiz wrote:

Another thing is "spamd" don´t run auto... I have to start the service manual (i also edited /etc/default/spamassassin -> ENABLED=1) Know issue?

SpamAssassin will be invoked by Amavisd, so we don't need to start spamd daemon.
Default setting of spamassassin in iRedMail is correct.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You should enable debug in amavisd, so that you can know why it happened.

Ok, i´m gona do more tests and see what happen.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You have to integrate amavisd with LDAP/SQL, store whitelist/blacklist in LDAP/MYSQL.

Ok, but how you manage this? If one spam arrive to my inbox i only need to mark? Actually with rouncube i can´t (i think there is a plugin for this).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

SpamAssassin will be invoked by Amavisd, so we don't need to start spamd daemon.
Default setting of spamassassin in iRedMail is correct.

How do you know spamd is working? i mean, i don´t see it in logs nor e-mail tags... Any way to test it?

Thanks for your help.

risturiz wrote:

Ok, but how you manage this? If one spam arrive to my inbox i only need to mark? Actually with rouncube i can´t (i think there is a plugin for this).

iRedMail doesn't ship any plugin for roundcube yet.

risturiz wrote:

How do you know spamd is working? i mean, i don´t see it in logs nor e-mail tags... Any way to test it?

Why not try to debug amavisd first? it will log some spamassassin related info in log file, such as loading SpamAssassin.

5 (edited by AlexVamp 2010-01-10 04:52:36)

I installed IRedMail for more than 11000 users and they complain to me that not a lot of letters did not come. In fact, they are deleted as SPAM. Please'll show how it can be controlled?

Spams will be delivered to mailboxes with iRedMail default settings. What do you mean 'not a lot of letters did not come'?

I beg your pardon. messages are delivered properly - I just do not properly understand their users. They complained that the correspondence with the normal address still gets in the spam. how to be in this situation? I think you understand it is not possible for 11,000 users to the general white list.

i  have that problem as well ..
no matter i try to send mail from gamil .. or from my company mail server
the server shown that there was unknown domain and rejected by policyd ... etc

and i can see a funny thing from maillog , when i first sent a mail to iredmail , it won't be receiving it , but when i sent the mail again , it's work..     if there any suggestion for me to tuning the plocyd ?

Regards
Eric

AlexVamp wrote:

They complained that the correspondence with the normal address still gets in the spam.

@AlexVamp, You should analytic emails, from mail log files, mail headers, etc, find out why it happened.

@bluesunhk, this is greylisting. You can turn it off in policyd config file.