Topic: Add sftp to iptables

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Seems like our old mail server isn't just hosting email services, it's also hosting another webiste and ftp service to a remote client (and they don't have an static IP address).

I'm sorry for such a noob question but my question is this, how do I add an entry to the iptables that will allow them to access the a certain folder in the new mail server?
They are using FileZilla to transfer some files that are needed for their website. We have tried FileZilla to connect from our local LAN to the Mail server and transfers are successfull (I have added "ignoreip" address to fail2ban in our local LAN), however the remote client says they cannot connect at all. The only way they can connect is to disable the IPtables temporarily and let them do their transfers, then enable iptables again.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Add sftp to iptables

*) sftp is enabled by default (system setting), and iRedMail enables ssh service in iptables by default, so sftp service should be just fine.
*) Do you have your clients' IP address(es) blocked in iptables? Maybe they were blocked by Fail2ban+iptables? Once you removed the IP address blocked in iptables, your client should be able to connect via ssh/sftp.