1 (edited by network nevsehir 2013-07-22 19:53:26)

Topic: iredadmin-pro maillist member delete error

When I try to delete an internal member of maillist returns "Error: 303 See Other". But It is deleted from maillist. When I am trying to delete an external member of maillist, It also returns the same error, but mail is not deleted from maillist. How can I delete external members? Thanks.

Edit : When I try to add a new external mail to maillist, returns "Error: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'dict' objects" error. I also try add and delete from phpldapadmin but following error is appeared.

"Could not perform ldap_modify operation.
LDAP said:    Other (e.g., implementation specific) error
Error number:    0x50 (LDAP_OTHER)"

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredadmin-pro maillist member delete error

I cannot reproduce this issue, it works fine for me here.

I need your help to figure it out:

*) Please show me LDIF data of this mailing list
*) Show me LDIF data of one of its internal member (it's just the LDIF data of the mail user)
*) *) Show me LDIF data of one of its external member (external member is stored under ou=Externals,domainName=[your_domain],o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx)

Or, there's a quicker way to fix it: is it possible for you to give me SSH access so that i can debug on your server? It will be faster to get it solved. Switching to root user is required, we need to modify iRedAdmin source file for debugging.

I ll send the files by mail.

4 (edited by network nevsehir 2013-07-24 13:26:18)

Hi Zhang,

Errors occurs both internal members and external members, but internal member can be deleted although It gives error. External members can not be deleted from list after error. And also I cant add external member to the list.

We migrated our mail server two weeks ago. We install a fresh installation (same version as we used before).

After migration we upgraded Iredmail from 0.8.1 to 0.8.4. and also upgraded Iredadmin-PRO to 1.9.0.

I created a new mail list and assigned an external and an internal member. After that I delete one by one still occurs "Error: 303 See Other" error. But differently two member can be deleted from list even the error this time.

Did you try the latest iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-2.0?

Is it possible for you to give me SSH access so that i can debug on your server? It will be faster to get it solved. Switching to root user is required, we need to modify iRedAdmin source file for debugging.

I also wanna ask these; Can reason of the problem be IredApd ? I think I didnt upgrade it because we dont use. Or Iredadp is being using default?

And also we have problem to add more than 100 external member.

iRedAPD just queries from LDAP server, it's read-only. It doesn't impact iRedAdmin-Pro and your data at all.

network nevsehir wrote:

And also we have problem to add more than 100 external member.

I will test this later, sorry about this trouble.

I didnt try Iredadmin-PRO 2.0. Now I ll upgrade to 2.0 then I ll check again. If problem still occurs, I ll give ssh connection.

We upgraded to iredadmin-pro 2.0 but still the same. If you send an IP by e-mail to me, we ll open ssh access for you. Thanks for your support.

After debugging, it turns out this is not an iRedAdmin-Pro bug, instead it's a OpenLDAP related issue.

During our debug with iRedAdmin-Pro and command line tool 'ldapdelete', OpenLDAP returns error message like this:

entry index delete failed, implementation specific error

It turns out OpenLDAP doesn't have correct INDEX. You can fix it with OpenLDAP builtin command 'slapindex'.

WARNING: You must stop OpenLDAP service first, then execute 'slapindex' command to generate correct index files.
Reference: http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cg … ormat=html

You can fix it yourself, or purchase our remote support service (just $29) to solve it for you remotely (via SSH, with root privileges):
http://www.iredmail.org/support.html