Topic: Domain name is wrong

I installed iRedMail on a new server wanting it to host a domain   xyz.com .. I guess I messed up because the dns was pointing to mail.xyz.com .. So that's what I entered in the setup.   So no red mail only responds to mail.xyz.com not xyz.com.  Is there any easy way to fix this or this reinstall time ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain name is wrong

Nevering wrote:

I installed iRedMail on a new server wanting it to host a domain   xyz.com .. I guess I messed up because the dns was pointing to mail.xyz.com .. So that's what I entered in the setup.   So no red mail only responds to mail.xyz.com not xyz.com.  Is there any easy way to fix this or this reinstall time ?

What I would do is go into the administration panel, delete the domain you have set up (this will also delete the accounts you have set up for that domain) and the recreate the domain with the correct information.

In the iRedAdmin web interface, click on the "Domains and Accounts" tab, put a check next to the domain that is listed in error, click on the "Choose Action" drop down box and select "Delete" then click APPLY.  Once the domain is gone, click on the "+ Add" tab, then click on "Domain."  Then create the domain to what it should be.  Hopefully that will fix it, if not, a reinstall MIGHT be in order.