==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.2
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====

Hi there,

Two questions:

1) Can the installer script be re-run to add or remove features? Or can features like DKIM (for example) be added and removed from within the pro control panel?

2) According to the pricing page, a licence doesn't seem to include any support. Is that really the case? Is a commercial product only supported through this public forum unless you pay for per-incident support?

Craig

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Pre-sales questions

craig wrote:

1) Can the installer script be re-run to add or remove features? Or can features like DKIM (for example) be added and removed from within the pro control panel?

Neither.

craig wrote:

2) According to the pricing page, a licence doesn't seem to include any support. Is that really the case? Is a commercial product only supported through this public forum unless you pay for per-incident support?

*) The license includes support for iRedAdmin-Pro, not iRedMail.
*) iRedMail is very stable, usually you won't get any issue for quite a long time after initial deployment. So per-issue remote support is more reasonable.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
craig wrote:

Neither.

OK, I did notice that the latter didn't seem to be in the demo.

What are the consequences of configuring the mail server to use DKIM, but not setting up the corresponding DNS record? I only ask this because the server from which I'll be migrating uses a control panel that doesn't allow underscores in sub-domains. I know I can add these to the zone file manually, but I'll also be moving the DNS off and onto a new server soon too, only it won't be at the same time as setting up the email accounts in the iRedMail server so there will be a few days or maybe a couple of weeks when there will be no DKIM records in the DNS for the domains that will be hosted on the iRedMail server.

So does anyone know what (if any) the consequences of doing this are? Will destination mail servers that check DKIM reject the mail? Delay it? Anything?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
craig wrote:

*) The license includes support for iRedAdmin-Pro, not iRedMail.
*) iRedMail is very stable, usually you won't get any issue for quite a long time after initial deployment. So per-issue remote support is more reasonable.

OK. Thanks.

It's strongly recommended to understand what DKIM is, what it's used for.
If you don't have DKIM DNS record, then please do not sign your email with DKIM signature.