Topic: Reqest Help In Moving Servers From Qmail To Ired Mail

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Cent OS 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Experts

We have a qmail mail server, which is dated and very fragile. I looked for alternatives and found iredmail the best suitable solution for us. We are interested in buying Prop version of iredmail and we want that all our existing mailboxes should come to new server with minimal downtime(we have 500-800 accounts)

We want to know can you provide both setup and migration service and what will be its cost and also What server spects will be best for uS

Thanks

Neelim

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Reqest Help In Moving Servers From Qmail To Ired Mail

Migrating from qmail to iRedMail (Postfix) should be VERY easy, because qmail stores mail messages in Maildir format, that means you can simply copy mailboxes to iRedMail server, just make sure the maildir path stored in SQL/LDAP is the same as path of mailbox on file system.

Some users reported their migration in our online support forum, it's easy. Why not try to migrate several mail accounts on a testing/virtual machine first?

Hi,
we have just migrated ca 6000 accounts from our old mailserver without any disrupt for users.
If you are interested in details just PM me. Although I do not think it's VERY easy. We have been preparing migrating scripts and tests for ca 1 workweek.

Javon

Neelim wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Cent OS 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Experts

We have a qmail mail server, which is dated and very fragile. I looked for alternatives and found iredmail the best suitable solution for us. We are interested in buying Prop version of iredmail and we want that all our existing mailboxes should come to new server with minimal downtime(we have 500-800 accounts)

We want to know can you provide both setup and migration service and what will be its cost and also What server spects will be best for uS

Thanks

Neelim

Hi javon,

Would you mind sharing your experience in this forum directly? That would be very helpful.