Topic: Dovecot && Roundcube issue with iRedAdmin (Pro)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello there, i recently buy iRedAdmin-Pro (MySQL). Everythings works fine.
I was thinking in make a partition clone. BUT, i'm stuck with something.
When i setup iredadmin, i changed almost all the passwords (included dovecot), with a mysql update
Then i was trying to login into roundcube but the browser hangs, and then i'm getting this on last records of /var/log/dovecot...

Nov 05 16:52:56 auth-worker(1829): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 25 seconds before retry
Nov 05 16:53:21 auth-worker(1829): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 125 seconds before retry

I don't know what is the default password, but could be great to know where i must update the roundcube connection string?.
I must use the md5() function?, where? Any help, i will appreciate. Thanks!, Nahuel.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Dovecot && Roundcube issue with iRedAdmin (Pro)

nahuel wrote:

When i setup iredadmin, i changed almost all the passwords (included dovecot), with a mysql update

Passwords, except the ones iRedMail asks during installation, are random strings generated during iRedMail installation, no one has the same passwords, no one knows what your passwords are. It's just random strings. So i don't think it's necessary to change them.

nahuel wrote:

Then i was trying to login into roundcube but the browser hangs, and then i'm getting this on last records of /var/log/dovecot...
Nov 05 16:52:56 auth-worker(1829): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 25 seconds before retry

Please update Postfix (/etc/postfix/mysql/*) and Dovecot config files (/etc/dovecot/dovecot-*) to use your new passwords.

About passwords used in iRedMail, here's a reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ord.hashes

Re: Dovecot && Roundcube issue with iRedAdmin (Pro)

Done. Many thanks, Nahuel.

Nice work.