1 (edited by mrkenny1 2013-12-31 00:18:21)

Topic: Catchall Help

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====

Hi all,

(Q1)

I am trying to set up a catch all on our domain so that if any email is spelt incorrect or doesn't exist it will come to lets say admin@example.com.

This is the mysql query I have been trying to use.

# mysql -uroot -p
# mysql> USE vmail;
# mysql> INSERT INTO alias (address, goto) VALUES ('@example.com', 'admin@example.com');

Once running this query it says it is successful but how do you check that the execution actually worked. Can you check this within the vmail/alias table.

I have just been executing the commands with phpmyadmin.

(Q2)

Also at current on our existing domain seperate to this one we can send emails as user1@example.com, user2@example.com, user3@example.com etc and it receives as admin@example.com. Is this a catchall or something different (email spoofing?) is it more like a forward from user1@example.com to admin@example.com. We will need a maximum of 10 emails receiving under the one admin@example.com mailbox. How does this work and can you do it on iRedMail. The reason this is needed is so everyone can receive everyones emails.

Would this work?

# mysql -uroot -p
# mysql> USE vmail;
# mysql> INSERT INTO alias (address, goto, domain) VALUES ('user1@example.com, user2@example.com, user3@example.com', 'admin@example.com', 'example.com');

Need to be able to send as user1@example.com, user2@example.com, user3@example.com.

Thanks for the help in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Catchall Help

I worked out that my sql query was not actually working hense why I wanted to check that it was.

I needed to log into mysql through terminal and execute the command at that level. It has now worked.

Any help on Q2 would still be much appreciated.

I'm afraid i don't quite understand your second question.

Do you mean, you want to have mailbox "admin@example.com", then everyone can login as "admin@", but send out email as "user[X]@example.com"? If so, this is easy. Just add multiple identities in Roundcube webmail, then choose different identity when you sent out email.

NOTE: You have to remove 'sender_login_mismatch' in Postfix config file (/etc/postfix/main.cf), and enable multiple identities in Roundcube config file (/usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php, search "identities" in this file please)

4 (edited by mrkenny1 2014-01-02 15:30:32)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm afraid i don't quite understand your second question.

Do you mean, you want to have mailbox "admin@example.com", then everyone can login as "admin@", but send out email as "user[X]@example.com"? If so, this is easy. Just add multiple identities in Roundcube webmail, then choose different identity when you sent out email.

NOTE: You have to remove 'sender_login_mismatch' in Postfix config file (/etc/postfix/main.cf), and enable multiple identities in Roundcube config file (/usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php, search "identities" in this file please)

Yes want everyones email to go to admin@example.com but be able to send out from that mailbox as there own email i.e. user1@example.com.

I will try what you have suggested.

What i have done already is set up email forwarding within vmail/alias table.

For example anything received at user1@example.com is forwarded to admin@example.com.
I have set this up for 7 users.

I have not tested it in the real environment but I think this may work.

mrkenny1 wrote:

I have not tested it in the real environment but I think this may work.

I have now tested this in a real environment and its workings.
All I did was set up an alias within the vmail/alias table saying:

# mysql -uroot -p
# mysql> USE vmail;
# mysql> INSERT INTO alias (address, goto, domain) values ('user1@example.com', 'admin@example.com', 'example.com');

I then did this for all 7 users.