Topic: x Domain Quota

Dear all,
using IredAdmin-Pro-LDAP 1.6.0 I've just created a new domain and setted its quota to 40GB.
Then I create a new account but if I don't specify its quota this will be set automatically to 40GB, and no other account can be created.
Obviously setting a user quota it works, show me the unused space for the domain and the space assigned to every account.
But what I would like to know is if there is a way to set a domain quota and leave all the users of this domain free to use it. The sum of the space used by every mailbox of that domain cannot exceed the domain quota.

Best regards,
Giuliano Bacci

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: x Domain Quota

You can set a default quota for newly created user.

All domains -> Domain profile (click 'gear' icon to edit domain profile) -> tag 'Advanced', then update "Default quota of new user".

Screenshot:
http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/domain_profile_advanced.png

Thanks,
but I don't want quota for domain users. The only one limit should be the domain quota. Until the sum of user quota is less than domain quota, all users can send and receive emails. How can I do it?

Thanks for your cooperation,
Giuliano Bacci.

mr.cocco wrote:

But what I would like to know is if there is a way to set a domain quota and leave all the users of this domain free to use it. The sum of the space used by every mailbox of that domain cannot exceed the domain quota.

No idea yet. Sorry.

Ok but I think you should consider this scenario:
First of all I have created a domain without quota and populated it with some users without quota. For example 3 account without quota. Then I have changed the domain quota from unlimited to 20GB. The previous 3 users seems to be still without quota, and the used domain quota result to be still 0. Then I have created a fourth account and setted his quota to 20GB. Now I have 3 users with unlimited quota, one user with 20GB of quota and a domain with 100% of assigned quota.
I will test for understanding the behavior of this test domain account and I will keep you informed.
Nevertheless I think that the "x domain quota" is a feature nice to be implemented.

Best regards,
Giuliano Bacci.

mr.cocco wrote:

First of all I have created a domain without quota and populated it with some users without quota. For example 3 account without quota. Then I have changed the domain quota from unlimited to 20GB. The previous 3 users seems to be still without quota, and the used domain quota result to be still 0. Then I have created a fourth account and setted his quota to 20GB. Now I have 3 users with unlimited quota, one user with 20GB of quota and a domain with 100% of assigned quota.

Works as designed. You cannot set a per-user dynamic mail quota, also, admin tools (e.g. iRedAdmin) cannot assign a suitable per-user quota for each user after you limited domain quota to 20GB.

Nevertheless I think that the "x domain quota" is a feature nice to be implemented.

No idea about how it could be achieved in both Dovecot and Postfix, sorry.