Topic: amavisd not discarding spam

I have set amavis to discarding spam with score above 10. Users are still receiving spam above score 10.
I have googled this issue but no luck.

Thanks for your help.

Here are my settings:

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -999;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 4.0; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 4.0;  # triggers spam evasive actions (e.g. blocks mail)
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 4.1;   # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent
$sa_crediblefrom_dsn_cutoff_level = 4.1; # likewise, but for a likely valid From
$sa_quarantine_cutoff_level = 10.0; # If users are complaining about mail that is marked Spam
$spam_quarantine_to = undef;
$penpals_threshold_high = $sa_kill_level_deflt;  # don't waste time on high spam
$bounce_killer_score = 50;  # spam score points to add for joe-jobbed bounces

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: amavisd not discarding spam

I guess you forgot to change '$final_spam_destiny':

$final_spam_destiny       = D_DISCARD;

3 (edited by jisunza 2011-07-26 00:21:44)

Thanks for the reply.

I have  $final_spam_destiny  = D_PASS;  because i would like to send flagged spam to the users.

By setting   $final_spam_destiny  = D_DISCARD; will it not deliver any spam at all. Not even low scoring spam.
I would like for the users to have low scoring spam delivered to them still. Basically anything below a score of 10 will pass flagged spam and above 10 to be discarded.

I have all spam delivered to the users "Junk' folder with a global sieve setting.
I haven't found a script to add to sieve that will discard an email that contains "X-Spam-Score" above X.X
Do you know of one and would this be a fix if amavisd cant discard emails above that score ?

Thank you!

jisunza wrote:

I haven't found a script to add to sieve that will discard an email that contains "X-Spam-Score" above X.X
Do you know of one and would this be a fix if amavisd cant discard emails above that score ?

Below are default settings of spam scores in Amavisd:

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = 2.0;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.2;  # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.9;  # triggers spam evasive actions (e.g. blocks mail)

How about adjust them to make Amavisd insert X-Spam-Status=Yes into mails which has higher score than you expect?