1 (edited by Basem 2011-07-07 16:42:33)

Topic: thunderbird + personal ldap address book question

As I'm not so familiar with LDAP, I see that each user have a personal LDAP address book configured on his RoundCube account, so how do you configure thunderbird to use such personal address book inseatd or in parallel with the global address book, I have configured thunderbird to use the global address book successfully but as you know it's read only and users can see both emails addresses in Global and this personal account, but how can they write to this personal account in thunderbird although they can with roundcube?

I think if we were able to configure the personal address book in thunderbird we will be able to add a writable address book for all users by specifying a special account to be the Global writable address book instead creating a new address book.

using email client is useful in many other cases, just like pop3 accounts, huge number of messages as IMAP with slow connection can not retrieve emails fast, and shared email accounts.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: thunderbird + personal ldap address book question

In Roundcube, there's a per-defined per-user address book, but disabled by default. I didn't test Thunderbird before, if you want to give it a try, maybe you can try per-user address book in Roundcube first, see how it works and what it stores in LDAP server. Post questions in this forum for further discussions.

With this per-user address book, user can store all personal contacts in LDAP server directly. its structure will be something like below:

|- ou=Users,domainName=test.com,o=domains,dc=iredmail,dc=org
    |- mail=user@test.com
        |- cn=[Contact_Name]
        |- cn=[Contact_Name]

3 (edited by jovanmal 2011-08-12 04:53:28)

I configured Thunderbird to use LDAP address book as mentioned at wiki page (http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … dress_Book). Thunderbird shows message "replication succedeed", but I cannot see any of my contacts that I can see in Roundcube (Global and personal contacts).

Any help?

jovanmal wrote:

but I cannot see any of my contacts that I can see in Roundcube (Global and personal contacts).

You can try to compose a new email, then type LDAP contact in 'To:' field, Thunderbird will auto-complete it.

I tried, nothing happened...

So, I will try SoGo integration - I think I will get address and calendar sharing.