Topic: Big trouble with iRedPad, Pls help Mr. ZhangHuangbin

Dear ZhangHuangbin,

Greetings!

First i want to thank u for ur nice project iRedmail.

I have installed recently (on 25th July 2011) iRedmail 0.7.0 on ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bit on Core i7 with 8GB RAM and all was going smooth except just 3 days before the server encountered problem with iRedpad and mail was bouncing. After searching the forum I fount a solution mentioned on http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post8507.html#p8507 and did like so advised by u in that page and problem was gone instantly but afterwords today it got the exactly the same problem which giving me too much trouble, referring the below mail logs for ur help. Kindly help me to solve this problem urgently and I will be highly grateful for this.

Mail LOG
Aug 12 10:33:32 mailbox postfix/smtpd[29795]: warning: connect to 127.0.0.1:7777: Connection refused
Aug 12 10:33:32 mailbox postfix/smtpd[29795]: warning: problem talking to server 127.0.0.1:7777: Connection refused
Aug 12 10:33:32 mailbox postfix/smtpd[29795]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[X.X.X.X]: 451 4.3.5 Server configuration problem; from=<user@some-domain.com>$
Aug 12 10:33:33 mailbox postfix/smtpd[29795]: disconnect from unknown[X.X.X.X]

Please help me.

Thanks and best regards,
Russel.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Big trouble with iRedPad, Pls help Mr. ZhangHuangbin

Another fix here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic1972 … denly.html

May i know which backend you're running? OpenLDAP or MySQL?

Thank u very much for ur quick reply. I'm really grateful to u.

This is with MySQL back-end.

Thank u again.

Best regards,
Russel

Hi. Appreciate if u kindly let me know the purpose of iRedPad?

Thank u.

Best regards,
Russel

As described in iRedAPD installation guide below, it's a postfix policy server, used to achieve addition features which we cannot found in existing open source softwares:
http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … dAPD/MySQL

Currently, it provides mail deliver restriction of mail alias in MySQL backend.

Many thanks ZhangHuangbin for ur continuous support.

If i keep iRedPad turnoff permanently by removing "check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:7777" from main.cf then will I face any trouble by my mail server?

Thanks a lot again.

Best regards,
Russel

russel_sc wrote:

If i keep iRedPad turnoff permanently by removing "check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:7777" from main.cf then will I face any trouble by my mail server?

As mentioned in previous post, after removing iRedAPD related setting in Postfix, everyone can send mail to your mail alias accounts.