Topic: Troubles in Mail Reception

Hello everyone!
The motive of this post is that I'm having some troubles receiving mails from certain addresses.
We have like 60 accounts in our company, some people have troubles, others no, and the configuration it's the same for everybody.
When a client send and email, for example mbr@mba.com.ar, the mail can't reach it's destiny. A weird thing it's that the logs doesn't show anything, like it was never sended, and a more weird thing it's that sometimes the mail can reach the account of our employees and sometimes not.
I know I have a very limited english, so if anybody need more explanations, I will be very happy to write all the times it's necesary.
Thanks in advance!

Software Version:
- iRedMail version: iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.6.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 10.04

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Troubles in Mail Reception

worldsys wrote:

When a client send and email, for example mbr@mba.com.ar, the mail can't reach it's destiny. A weird thing it's that the logs doesn't show anything, like it was never sended, and a more weird thing it's that sometimes the mail can reach the account of our employees and sometimes not.

If there's no log at all, it might be a network issue, e.g. router, firewall.

3 (edited by worldsys 2011-08-19 19:40:10)

I explain myself wrong,  the logs are full of info, but only related to emails that are rejected or can make it to the employees account.
The problem are the other ones that the clients claims to send and doesn't arrive at all.
Thanks for your answer.

You have to try to find related logs in Postfix log file, otherwise others cannot help troubleshoot at all.

Try to find related log with command 'grep':

# grep -i5 'mbr@mba.com.ar' /var/log/maillog

Or search in /var/log/maillog directly with a text editor.