Topic: Mac OS 10.4/Mail.app IMAP users timeout Port 0/25/993

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting: No error on server, as if they never reach it
====
This is just an FYI, not sure it can be fixed on your end.  Mac OS 10.4 Mail.app IMAP users timeout when the 11th user logs in. Restart dovecot and all is good until you get to the 11th user again.  Times out the whole system.  I changed the 40 users that were using Mac OS 10.4/Mail.app back to POP and all is good.  Do not seem to have the problem with Leopard or Snow Leopard users, Thunderbird on any platform, Outlook or Outlook Express on Windows XP.  Did not have the problem with Courier-IMAP.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mac OS 10.4/Mail.app IMAP users timeout Port 0/25/993

Did you check Dovecot log files when testing 11th user?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you check Dovecot log files when testing 11th user?

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====
Sorry so long to reply wanted to recreate to make sure that I being accurate.  Nothing in Dovecot log.  When the 11th person tries to check mail, dovecot just spins - does not time out but no errors.  Restart dovecot and all is good.  Let me know if you need anything else.

No idea at all.
Could you please try to set "mail_debug = yes" in /etc/dovecot.conf, restart Dovecot service and test it again? Hope we can get some error/warning message in Dovecot log file. Otherwise i don't know where to start troubleshooting.

Have set to debug.  Unfortunately it may be several weeks before I have time to set up a test of 11 or more users.  Will get back to you as soon as I can.