Topic: External auth

Zhang, do you plan to use an external autentication for iredmail (openldap ...)
you can put all iredmail information (account name, email, adress, ...) in the iredmail ldap server but for the autentication you can choose if you want to use external server
it's a realistic possibility for the future?
thanks a lot for your great work.

Ghido

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: External auth

Hi Ghido,

iRedMail stores mail accounts in local OpenLDAP/MySQL servers by default, but you can simply change related LDAP/MySQL lookup config files to point to external LDAP/MySQL/AD servers. Is it enough for you?

Note: External OpenLDAP server must have same LDAP schemas, and MySQL database must have same SQL structure.

Hi,
this is the solution immediately applicable but a little more elaborate.
I wanted to know if you plan to integrate this part in iredmail (or in the admin panel pro),
so as to make it easier to use the system those who already has many users in an external LDAP.
thanks

Bye

Ghido

- iRedMail version:
====

ghido wrote:

I wanted to know if you plan to integrate this part in iredmail (or in the admin panel pro),
so as to make it easier to use the system those who already has many users in an external LDAP.

It's easy to use external LDAP server (OpenLDAP with iRedMail+Amavisd schemas, or Microsoft Active Directory) for user authentication. You just need to try it, post all issues you got here and we all are ready to help you solve them.

Normally, for external OpenLDAP server with iRedMail + Amavisd schemas, just replace LDAP server address and bind dn/password, that's all.
If external OpenLDAP server doesn't have iRedMail + Amavisd schemas, then you will lose some iRedMail special features, and iRedAdmin-Pro (OpenLDAP edition) will lose some features too.
For external Microsoft Active Directory, we have a public wiki tutorial available here:
http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … y.iRedMail

Anyway, just try it and post issues here, we all are ready.

Hi, the problem isn't iredmail and amavisd schema but is how i use the account.
My ldap server is used for samba auth and all my user are uid=user but in iredmail mail=commonname
i can modify all iredmail admin pro binding but is not very simple ...
i saw in the past zimbra, all settings are stored in local ldap but auth is (if you want) on external existing ldpa server
can you do something in iredmail ?

- iRedMail version:
====

ghido wrote:

i saw in the past zimbra, all settings are stored in local ldap but auth is (if you want) on external existing ldpa server
can you do something in iredmail ?

Still no plan, sorry.

hello firend,
              how to authenticate external openldap users with iredmail server..
is it possible.. then how to do

please guide me

Hi suresh.redhat87:

You can add addition LDAP query files in Postfix/Dovecot to query external ldap server. Check existing ldap query files

And, important note: do not hijack other's topic, please always post your own issue/question in a new forum topic.