Topic: Mailing List

Hi

I was testing the full version available at demo. I have a query about mailing list.

When I create a mailing list. Can we have a moderator option available in mailing list so as to restrict other users to fire mails to mailing list....?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mailing List

This feature requires addition mail list access policy daemon, such as mlapd.
If you don't integrate similar program, you have to manage restrictions in hash db format which supported by Postfix.

HI

I was using Qmail and the mailing list used with qmail was ezmlm. With qmailI was having a web interface to create mailing list with moderator.

Here I am able to create a mailing list with full feature but unable to run mlapd. Can you please guide me how to execute mlapd. I have tried all documents/googled internet but unable to find a document.

Thanks.

pipal wrote:

I was using Qmail and the mailing list used with qmail was ezmlm. With qmailI was having a web interface to create mailing list with moderator.

Because you use seperate mail list software, so you can use its buildin management tools and access control.

Here I am able to create a mailing list with full feature but unable to run mlapd. Can you please guide me how to execute mlapd. I have tried all documents/googled internet but unable to find a document.

You don't need mlapd. smile

HI

I was using Qmail and the mailing list used with qmail was ezmlm. While qmailI was having a web interface to create mailing list with moderator named qmailadmin.

As I was testing iredmail with full admin control. I am able to create a mailing list but can't assign moderator to the mailing list. I was told by you that for this mlapd is required. I have installed mlapd, but unable to run mlapd.

Can you please guide me how to execute mlapd. I have tried all documents/googled internet but unable to find a document.

Thanks.

I don't know you use Qmail + ezmlm so i told you need mlapd, it's wrong. You can manage mail list with ezmlm itself, not addition tools are required.

And i only use Postfix, so i don't know how to help you to solve your issues.

Hi Z,

i have also seen this (maybe slightly different ), i tested with a domain which has a mail list say: mlist@abc.com and under the profile of the mail list where is says, Who can send mail to this mail list, i added few moderators but i notice that everyone can send to that mail list including the members in the moderator group, actually only the members in the moderator group should be allowed, others should be dropped.
So in my mind though the restriction feature is there but it does not work on 1.6.2 Pro.

Would i need to integrate mlapd or wait for the next release of Pro. Or have i missed on some config part of things.

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version: 1.6.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 8.2 64bit
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
======== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

rein wrote:

i tested with a domain which has a mail list say: mlist@abc.com and under the profile of the mail list where is says, Who can send mail to this mail list, i added few moderators but i notice that everyone can send to that mail list including the members in the moderator group, actually only the members in the moderator group should be allowed, others should be dropped.

What's the restriction rule you choose? Only members can send mail to this list?

rein wrote:

Would i need to integrate mlapd or wait for the next release of Pro. Or have i missed on some config part of things.

There's something wrong with iRedAPD, not iRedAdmin-Pro.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
rein wrote:

i tested with a domain which has a mail list say: mlist@abc.com and under the profile of the mail list where is says, Who can send mail to this mail list, i added few moderators but i notice that everyone can send to that mail list including the members in the moderator group, actually only the members in the moderator group should be allowed, others should be dropped.

What's the restriction rule you choose? Only members can send mail to this list?

Members and Moderators (Members have a few emails and Moderators have a few) So no one from outside or from another domain should be able to send to this mail list.

rein wrote:

There's something wrong with iRedAPD, not iRedAdmin-Pro.

what would you like from me as far as iRedAPD is concerned.

rein wrote:

Members and Moderators (Members have a few emails and Moderators have a few) So no one from outside or from another domain should be able to send to this mail list.

So the problem is: you set only members and moderators can send mail to mail list, but you found everyone can send to it.
Could you please turn on debug mode in iRedAPD, then send one mail to this mail list as user who not a member of mail list members and moderators?

To turn on debug mode in iRedAPD on FreeBSD:

- Edit /opt/iredapd/etc/iredapd.ini, change "log_level" to "debug", then restart iRedAPD service.

I have turned on Debug, but done see any thing coming in except:

2011-11-03 12:47:25 DEBUG Setting umask
2011-11-03 12:47:25 DEBUG Changing working directory to "/"
2011-11-03 12:47:25 DEBUG Redirecting file descriptors
2011-11-03 12:54:29 INFO Starting iredapd (v1.4.0, pid: 30074), listening on 127.0.0.1:7777.
2011-11-03 12:54:29 DEBUG Forking first child.
2011-11-03 12:54:29 DEBUG Creating new session
2011-11-03 12:54:29 DEBUG Forking second child.
2011-11-03 12:54:29 DEBUG Setting umask
2011-11-03 12:54:29 DEBUG Changing working directory to "/"
2011-11-03 12:54:29 DEBUG Redirecting file descriptors

there are two iredapds, one is iredapd-rr (this is disabled) and iredapd.

Please turn on debug mode in iRedAPD, AND send testing email to this mail list to verify whether it works or not.
If it doesn't work as expected, we can try to figure out why it happened with log content.

13 (edited by rein 2011-11-11 12:04:22)

sorry to bug you, i think i had removed these values,

check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:7777 and check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:7778,

i have put them back and postfix is using it, i will check and revert if any issues.