Topic: Upgrade to iRedAdmin Pro

Hi Zhang,
I would like to buy the pro version of the control panel, but first i have some question to you.
1) My mail server is running on a virtual machine (vmware ESXi infrastructure), is it a problem for the license if I clone this vm and run the clone with another ip? (not simultaneously, only one server run with iRedAdmin Pro)
2) I have set up the backup scripts to store the emails, the dbs, the dkim key and the tls certs, now I'm setting up a new vm with rsync to mirror the data. I would like to do this with a second ethernet interface on the iredmail server with an intranet ip, is there any problem with the config of iRedMail?
Thanks for the great job that you've made smile

Alessio

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.2 x64
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL): iRedMail 0.7.4 MySql
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade to iRedAdmin Pro

agattei wrote:

1) My mail server is running on a virtual machine (vmware ESXi infrastructure), is it a problem for the license if I clone this vm and run the clone with another ip? (not simultaneously, only one server run with iRedAdmin Pro)

It's fine. Please make sure it's not running simultaneously.

agattei wrote:

2) I have set up the backup scripts to store the emails, the dbs, the dkim key and the tls certs, now I'm setting up a new vm with rsync to mirror the data. I would like to do this with a second ethernet interface on the iredmail server with an intranet ip, is there any problem with the config of iRedMail?

Sorry, i don't quite understand what your're going to do with backing up data and new vm. Could you please explain with more details?

Re: Upgrade to iRedAdmin Pro

agattei wrote:

2) I have set up the backup scripts to store the emails, the dbs, the dkim key and the tls certs

means that the scripts do the compressed archive daily and rotate weekly, and this id ok and work fine.

agattei wrote:

now I'm setting up a new vm with rsync to mirror the data

it's a little bit harder to explain for me in english ;-)
The new VM is a basic server with rsync. Every day this server will sync the vmail data and store it in an attached hard drive.
So if the server go down for some reason, I can start up a cloned iRedMail VM with the same attached drive without need to restore all the backups.
The second network interface is needed for rsync in intranet and not over the internet.
I hope this can explain what I want to do :-)