Topic: Path to amavisd.conf is wrong

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.2
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL): OpenLDAP
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Zhuang,

I may have noticed an issue. I am not sure if amavisd is using a different version when it installs then where your configs are set, however.

When I tried to follow you directions to set DNS_DKIM
the amavisd showkeys command returns: "/etc/amavisd.conf not found"

CentOS does not install the config to /etc/amavisd.conf, rather it installs it to /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf

Also, your docs for the Quarantine SPAM/Virus show /etc/amavisd.conf for Redhat but this is false. I am assuming newer versions of amavisd might be available and they might have changed the path which was not updated in configs...

To fix i have to make a symbolic link. I am using a default install of your software with no additional updates.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Path to amavisd.conf is wrong

Paths of the amavisd.conf are not the same on different distributions, even different releases of same distribution.

For example, it's /etc/amavisd.conf on RHEL/CentOS 5, but it's /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf on RHEL/CentOS 6.

the amavisd showkeys command returns: "/etc/amavisd.conf not found"

You have to tell amavisd the correct path of its config file. For example:

# amavisd -c /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf showkeys

Is this fixable with future releases of iredmail? Not sure if this path is set by an iredmail config

This is hard-coded in Amavisd, not iRedMail. Amavisd will look for /etc/amavisd.conf by default, but this behave can be override with '-c /path/to/amavisd.conf'.

5 (edited by xiao 2017-01-13 21:13:01)

On my Ubuntu 14.04, there's no amavisd.conf file to be found.

I tried to find out what files are installed with amavised-new using the command below.

dpkg -L amavisd-new 

The above command didn't list amavisd.conf file.  However, the following command works.

amavisd-new showkey 

But I need to add a new DKIM signature. As per this page http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sign.dkim. … omain.html

I need to edit the amavisd.conf file. But it can't be found.

xiao wrote:

I need to edit the amavisd.conf file. But it can't be found.

fyi: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locations.html