Topic: iRedMail 0.8.0 Install Questions

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6.0
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

While running setup, I came across this MySQL error

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1 in file: '/usr/share/dbconfig-common/data/postfix-policyd/upgrade/mysql/1.73-1': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 7

Does it need to be corrected?

I also came across:

< INFO > Configure Amavisd-new.
drop_priv: No such username: 
< INFO > Configure SpamAssassin (content-based spam filter).

However, I am guessing that will only be cosmetic.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail 0.8.0 Install Questions

brandon wrote:

While running setup, I came across this MySQL error

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1 in file: '/usr/share/dbconfig-common/data/postfix-policyd/upgrade/mysql/1.73-1': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 7

Does it need to be corrected?

Do you use iRedMail-0.8.0 stable release? Does this error message appear during installing binary packages or in iRedMail configuration (with a < INFO > tag at the beginning)?

brandon wrote:

I also came across:

< INFO > Configure Amavisd-new.
drop_priv: No such username: 

It's caused by deb package, not iRedMail. Maybe we should report this issue to package maintainer?

This is from release yes, here is a more elaborate portion:

< INFO > Configure MySQL database server.
< INFO > Configure Postfix.
< INFO > Configure Policyd (postfix policy server, version 1.8).
< INFO > Configure Dovecot (pop3/imap server, version 1.2).
< INFO > Configure ClamAV (anti-virus toolkit).

CREATE TABLE blacklist_dnsname (
  _blacklist   char(60) NOT NULL default '',
  _description char(60) NOT NULL default '',
  _expire      int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  UNIQUE KEY _blacklist (_blacklist),
  KEY _expire (_expire)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

mysql> show warnings;
+---------+------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Level   | Code | Message                                                                                                                     |
+---------+------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Warning | 1287 | The syntax 'TYPE=storage_engine' is deprecated and will be removed in MySQL 5.2. Please use 'ENGINE=storage_engine' instead |

Looks like s/TYPE/ENGINE and win win!

Granted.... I probably missed out on lots of other bits that needed that table sad.

Looks like im going to reinstall and try to get tricky.

Fixed one but now...

ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1 in file: '/root/iRedMail-0.8.0/samples/policyd/whitelist.sql': Table 'postfixpolicyd.whitelist' doesn't exist

Dear brandon,

It was fixed moment ago after testing the fix, and re-uploaded iRedMail-0.8.0 with this fix.
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/chan … e9df6488b9

So sorry about this issue.

P.S. When i sent update notification email of iRedAdmin-Pro to your email address (brandon@brandon...), i got a "Relay access denied"...

8 (edited by brandon 2012-05-10 14:48:40)

Hopefully you're mailserver resends smile

Im rebuilding mine still so the iRed release was nice, but slowed me down slightly. I should be back up in an hour or so (finally)

I think ive already also managed to work around the database insert issue.