Topic: Sending E-mails using VBSCRIPTS on iRedMail server

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.7.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Cent OS 5.8
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi Zhang,

One of the E-mail ID I use for my developers who sends E-mails to other users using VB-SCRIPTS using iRedMail Server.

But they want to verify whether E-mail actually and successfully sent to the recipient or not. How can I achieve this listing?

Upon checking it does not show in sent items in webmail account that from alert email ID these emails have been sent successfully.

Your kind support would help me a lot on this.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sending E-mails using VBSCRIPTS on iRedMail server

ketan.aagja wrote:

But they want to verify whether E-mail actually and successfully sent to the recipient or not. How can I achieve this listing?

You have to check Postfix maillog to make sure they were sent out to destination server.

ketan.aagja wrote:

Upon checking it does not show in sent items in webmail account that from alert email ID these emails have been sent successfully.

Sent out emails won't be saved to "Sent" folder by default, it's saved by mail user agent, e.g. Thunderbird, Roundcube webmail.

3 (edited by ketan.aagja 2012-05-22 15:46:25)

Thanks Zhang,

Just want to know.. is there any way by using which we can save such emails to Maildir if mails are being sent using VBScripts?

Because I cannot provide maillog to my developers to dig out and check whether your E-mails have been sent or not as it would be more time consuming for them.

How about enable per-user sender bcc?

With iRedAdmin-Pro, please go to user profile page, under tab "Advanced", add an email address in "BCC outgoing emails to single address":

http://www.iredmail.org/images/iredadmin/user_profile_bcc.png

Thanks Zhang,

But the main issue is I am using Per-domain BCC settings so that I think it will not work as Per-domain bcc settings will override per-user bcc settings. I think I need to look for something else.

You can reverse the query order of BCC maps, so that per-user bcc setting has higher priority. For example:

sender_bcc_maps =
    proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/sender_bcc_maps_user.cf,
    proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/sender_bcc_maps_domain.cf

I think we should make this default setting in iRedMail, so that per-user bcc settings have higher priority.

Thanks Zhang,

It worked fine now... thanks for your kind support.

Update: In next release of iRedMail, per-user BCC settings will have higher priority than per-domain settings by default.