Topic: iRedAdmin-Pro does not release emails from quarantine?

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====
Hi All

I am running iRedAdmin-Pro v1.3.1 (MySQL) on top of Linux. Everything looks fine, the emails are sent and received, it's my production server so many mails are processed daily.

What is not working as expected is the release process in the quarantine section. When I delete the emails, they are deleted and not sent to the users but when I say "ok release them" the emails are not sent to the email box. They just disappear

The emails that are affected are:

case 1) the user is receiving an email in the email box managed by iredmail, and the email is put into the quarantine section
case 2) iredmail is used as smtp server also for email boxes that are not managed by iredmail. For example the iredmail is managing the domain mydomain.com while the users have email addresses such as john@anotherdomain.com. Considering that the user is using my smtp (and I am permitting that because those users are in my network) then those emails are put in quarantine but lost as well.

Where should I look and what should I check?

Thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAdmin-Pro does not release emails from quarantine?

Did you enable quarantining by following this tutorial?
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ining.SPAM

Hi again

I checked and the only difference with the configuration files, is that I have the following lines that differ:

# $final_banned_destiny     = D_BOUNCE;
# $final_spam_destiny       = D_DISCARD;
[...]
$final_banned_destiny     = D_PASS;
$final_spam_destiny       = D_PASS;

I left the first two lines untouched, while I changed the last two with D_DISCARD. My feeling is that in any case the emails were passing the filter, but I am not 100% sure

Anyway after the change, I still do not see the released emails in the email box.

I will do more tests and let you know wink

Thank you

- With "$final_spam_destiny = D_PASS;", SPAMs will be delivered to mailbox.
- With "$final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;", SPAMs will NOT be delivered to mailbox, but quarantined instead.

Plus below two settings, SPAM will be quarantined into SQL server instead of file system:

$spam_quarantine_to = 'spam-quarantine';
$spam_quarantine_method = 'sql:';

So please make sure you have SPAM quarantined into SQL server, otherwise iRedAdmin-Pro cannot manage it.

Hi again

it seems that the two lines that I changed did the trick smile

Thank you for the clarification

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- With "$final_spam_destiny = D_PASS;", SPAMs will be delivered to mailbox.
- With "$final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;", SPAMs will NOT be delivered to mailbox, but quarantined instead.

Plus below two settings, SPAM will be quarantined into SQL server instead of file system:

$spam_quarantine_to = 'spam-quarantine';
$spam_quarantine_method = 'sql:';

So please make sure you have SPAM quarantined into SQL server, otherwise iRedAdmin-Pro cannot manage it.