Topic: iredadmin panel takes very long time in login

==== ==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.7.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 5.8
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi,

When I am trying to login into iredadmin panel it take very long time approx more than 30 seconds to show me the dashboard page. Is there any settings which I need to modify to speed up the admin panel login process?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredadmin panel takes very long time in login

Sorry about this issue. Please try this temporary fix here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post16552.html#p16552

Also, may i know how many records you have in each tables in MySQL database "amavisd"?

Hi there,

For whom it may concern:

I had the same problem (on 0.9.2 / LDAP / FreeBSD Jail), and after some debugging it turned out to wait a lot on the line

hostname=getfqdn(),

in controllers/ldap/basic.py:Dashboard()

This function (or to be precise, the socket.gethostbyaddr(name) function) stook ages (15-20 seconds) in my setup.

The reason for it was that my upstream ISP had made changes and misconfigured PTR entry for the mailserver hostname.

Once the PTR record was up and correct again, the Dashboard speed was fine again.

Usually when setting up a mailserver it is obvious to have a correct reverse entry for the domain, but just in case someone runs into the same problem, or sets up iredmail before setting up DNS:

Make sure that your reverse DNS entry is correct and accessible for the mailserver before setting up iRedAdmin.
Best is to test your PTR, e.g. with

host yourmailserver.example.com

and

host 1.2.3.4 # (ip of your mailserver)

directly within a shell of the iredmail server.

Note: supposedly you could run into the same delay if ...

• the hostname of the iredmail server is not the FQDN (for example in a DMZ, with an internal address). In this case the internal name should be resolvable forward and backward. or

• /etc/resolv.conf is not configured correctly... or

• the nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf is not accessible (firewall) or offline..

Best,

Lorenzo

Thanks for sharing.