Topic: Qurantine report possible?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.5.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have setup amavisd to qurantine spam and viruses to the database instead of sending directly to user.

I was wondering if the following is possible.

- setup so that the reciever of the spam / virus e-mail gets a daily e-mail with the messages that are quarantined. (if not can you point me in the direction on what fields in the database contains the following: subject, reciever, data, sender on the messages quarantiner as i can then just write a script that does send that daily message)

- change to qurantine duration - as i can see in iRedAdmin-Pro, it says that mails are quarantined for 7 days - i wish to change that to 30 days.

- tell amavisd / spamassasin from iRedAdmin-Pro that an email it has qurantined for spam is a false positive?

Best regards
Tue

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Qurantine report possible?

Tue wrote:

- setup so that the reciever of the spam / virus e-mail gets a daily e-mail with the messages that are quarantined. (if not can you point me in the direction on what fields in the database contains the following: subject, reciever, data, sender on the messages quarantiner as i can then just write a script that does send that daily message)

These info stored in several tables: maddr, msgs, msgrcpt, quarantine.
It is recommended to read README files shipped in ROM/Deb package or its web site for more details.

Tue wrote:

- change to qurantine duration - as i can see in iRedAdmin-Pro, it says that mails are quarantined for 7 days - i wish to change that to 30 days.

Please set them in iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.5.1/libs/settings.py (actually, it's recommended to store in separate setting file, libs/settings_local.py), then setup cron job to delete old records with script shipped in iRedAdmin-Pro: tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py.

Tue wrote:

- tell amavisd / spamassasin from iRedAdmin-Pro that an email it has qurantined for spam is a false positive?

Sorry, i don't quite understand what it means. sad

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Tue wrote:

These info stored in several tables: maddr, msgs, msgrcpt, quarantine.
It is recommended to read README files shipped in ROM/Deb package or its web site for more details.

Tue wrote:

Please set them in iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.5.1/libs/settings.py (actually, it's recommended to store in separate setting file, libs/settings_local.py), then setup cron job to delete old records with script shipped in iRedAdmin-Pro: tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py.

Tue wrote:

Sorry, i don't quite understand what it means. sad

What i mean is that sometimes e-mails are marked as SPAM (at least they are with our current mail system) even though they are actually HAM - i know i can tell spamassain that is HAM at commandline, but was wondring if it was possible directly from iRedAdmin. As i can see i can only choose to release or delete the quarantined message. (dont want to give my users shell access)

And just another quarantine related question. Lets say i have two users A and B.
A = domain admin
B = standard user

B recives a spam massage that is quarantined.
Can B release it himself, or does he need to get A to login to the admin interface and release it for him.

Tue wrote:

What i mean is that sometimes e-mails are marked as SPAM (at least they are with our current mail system) even though they are actually HAM - i know i can tell spamassain that is HAM at commandline, but was wondring if it was possible directly from iRedAdmin. As i can see i can only choose to release or delete the quarantined message. (dont want to give my users shell access)

Good idea. But i think it's better to enable bayes support in SpamAssassin. Or, you just want to whitelist sender or recipient?

Tue wrote:

And just another quarantine related question. Lets say i have two users A and B.
A = domain admin
B = standard user
B recives a spam massage that is quarantined.
Can B release it himself, or does he need to get A to login to the admin interface and release it for him.

Not achieved in iRedAdmin-Pro yet, sorry.
I'm wondering what the differences are between delivering spam to user directly and "quarantining -> notify recipient -> user request to release or delete it"