Topic: Send & Receive with other domains

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
RCPT from xxxxxx xxxxxx : 550 5.1.0 <xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.ca>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table;
====

I have been enjoying iredmail till now but what I found is just terrible and idiotic (sorry for my language) beyond belief.

Why would we reject sending and receiving from a domain that is not located on our server. I am a service provider, anybody can send me an email from any domain of his which might be having problem with its spf or dkim etc. But at least iredmail shouldn't be rejecting it.

I was actually going to purchase the pro version but after seeing this, I truely believe its not worth it now. I mean, unable to send and receive to "unknown domains" seriously ?

It would be really good if someone fixes this in the next versions.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Send & Receive with other domains

I think you should at least clearly understand what the problem and root cause are before blaming.

sami1255 wrote:

RCPT from xxxxxx xxxxxx : 550 5.1.0 <xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.ca>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table;

Please explain which domain is your domain (hosted on iRedMail server), which is remote sender/recipient.

iRedMail enables SMTP sender verification before sending out email, this way your mail server won't become an open relay. That's why it rejected this email: Postfix cannot find this sender on your server ("User unknow in virtual mailbox table").

Does this user "xxxxxx@xxxxxx.ca" exist on your server?

Thanks as always Zang,

I just added this domain on server via iredadmin but its nameservers aren't pointed to my servers yet. In the meantime, I am sending email from same domain from else where. Over there the emails are working all fine. Is it because I added the domain without delegating the mail server ?

I setted up domain at admin panel first so finally i can simply point the name servers to our ip and get it up and running.

Did I do something wrong ?

Hi Sami,

You didn't answer my question: "Does this user "xxxxxx@xxxxxx.ca" exist on your server?"
The error log you posted in first post means Postfix cannot find this user in SQL database. That's the root cause.

As I said,

"I just added this domain on server via iredadmin but its nameservers aren't pointed to my servers yet."

Not sure whether you count it as existing on the server or not because currently its hosted elsewhere and its email is working all fine, I just added new domain via admin panel without delegating nameservers to iredmail.

Well, you added this domain, but did you add this mail user?