Topic: Piping Script with iRedAdmin

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I am developing a web project where I am creating dynamic email accounts and as a email comes to these newly created email accounts, I need to perform some db operations. I am using postfix. But the issue is that how can I set my piping script?

A little help is really appreciable.

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Piping Script with iRedAdmin

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … nal.Script

Hi Zhang,

In my case, I am using dynamic email accounts, so how I will use the dynamic email accounts here? How I pass the email address there?

sangeeta.arora wrote:

I am using dynamic email accounts

For example?

Your accounts must exist in SQL server first, then why not update proper SQL record to set per-user transport as mentioned in wiki tutorial?

Hi Zhang,

So it means for each dynamic email account, I must have to do entry in /etc/postfix/master.cf for that email account ? In my application, there may be thousand of email accounts can be created so is it advisable to do so many entry in master.cf? Please suggest.

Oh, no. You need only one entry in /etc/postfix/master.cf. When you create new mail accounts, please set its per-user transport to this entry by following our wiki tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … _transport

Hi Zhang,

As I told you already that I am creating multiple dynamic email accounts. So, suppose if I have test1@mydomain.com and test2@mydomain.com then how I will do the entry in master.cf? As per Wikki, I have to do the following:-

sql> USE vmail;
sql> UPDATE mailbox SET transport='external-pipe' WHERE username='test1@mydomain.com';

sql> USE vmail;
sql> UPDATE mailbox SET transport='external-pipe' WHERE username='test2@mydomain.com';

and then how it will be in master.cf :-

external-pipe         unix    -       n               n               -               -       pipe
    flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/path/to/your/external/script.sh -f ${sender} -d ${user}@${domain} -m ${extension}

Can anyone please explain? How I map it with multiple email accounts?

sangeeta.arora wrote:

Can anyone please explain? How I map it with multiple email accounts?

You already achieved it. What do you mean "map it with multiple email accounts"?

sangeeta.arora wrote:

flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/path/to/your/external/script.sh -f ${sender} -d ${user}@${domain} -m ${extension}

As defined in master.cf, Postfix will pile email to your script.sh, with option "-f sender@domain.com -d recipient@example.com -m ${extension}". You script should have ability to handle multiple accounts.

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for your response.

But still I am not clear about how I achieved this? As you told that in master.cf, I will set recipient@example.com. But my issue is that I have multiple email accounts like test1@example.com, test2@example.com, test3@example.com etc. and for each email account how I set the "-d ${user}@${domain} " option in master.cf file? My domain name is fixed but the user is not fixed as it is creating dynamically. It may be test1, test2, test3 or something so I will set this in master.cf file and also how my script file will identify that mail is coming on test1@example.com or test2@example.com or test3@example.com etc.?

sangeeta.arora wrote:

and for each email account how I set the "-d ${user}@${domain} " option in master.cf file?

Oh, you don't need to change it, just use "-d ${user}@${domain}", it will be substituted by the real email address. That's why i say you need only one entry in master.cf.

If you script doesn't support '-f', '-d', just replace by the valid variables. For example:

flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/path/to/your/external/script.sh --sender=${sender} --recipient=${user}@${domain} --extension=${extension}

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
sangeeta.arora wrote:

and for each email account how I set the "-d ${user}@${domain} " option in master.cf file?

Oh, you don't need to change it, just use "-d ${user}@${domain}", it will be substituted by the real email address. That's why i say you need only one entry in master.cf.

If you script doesn't support '-f', '-d', just replace by the valid variables. For example:

flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/path/to/your/external/script.sh --sender=${sender} --recipient=${user}@${domain} --extension=${extension}

Thanks a lot Zhang smile

It is working fine now.