1 (edited by aliouncisse 2012-11-15 19:23:01)

Topic: migration to iredmail from postfix using system users as accounts

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6.0.1
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, need help. I' m using postfix with accounts corresponding to system users in a Debian Linux server with mailbox format. I'd like to migrate to iredadmin with mysql backend. What you think the best way to get all accounts and their passwd in a format that can be imported in Mysql. for the format mailbox I can convert them to Maildir using mb2md tool, but I' m afraid for accounts and passwords particularly.

Thanks for helping

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: migration to iredmail from postfix using system users as accounts

I guess passwords of system accounts are hashed in MD5 (like "$1$iZbYYTiO$KqATp4ca7R27pLkhGoVHL.")? if so, you can simply copy them to iRedMail (SQL table "vmail.mailbox", column "mailbox.password"). Easy enough? smile

Thanks for the answer.I've already tried that and it works perfectly.By the way, do you have a better idea for passing from mailbox to maildir?
If not it's already good like that.
Thanks

aliouncisse wrote:

do you have a better idea for passing from mailbox to maildir?

I guess you're talking about converting mbox to maildir? Try google, there're many solutions. smile