Topic: iredmail error not recoverable exiting now child return status 2

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi

I<m trying to install iRedMail on two different Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS servers and both of them are giving me this error message:

iredmail error not recoverable exiting now child return status 2

It seems be happening when I try to open the tar ball compressed file.

I'm carefully following all the instructions given on the iRedMail site as it pertains to Ubuntu.

Since both servers are having the same issues it leads me to believe that there's something wrong with the script and/or the procedure itself.

Help Please!

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredmail error not recoverable exiting now child return status 2

gcis2012 wrote:

iredmail error not recoverable exiting now child return status 2

Could you please paste original error message instead? When (which step) did you get this error?

Hi there

As I said in my previous message, I did EXACTLY what your instructions said to install iRedMail. After I tried to unzip the zipped tar ball, I was unable to unzip it and I keep getting the message:

"iredmail error not recoverable exiting now child return status 2"

It seems that there's something wrong in your commands, a typo maybe?

I redid those steps 5 times on 2 different Ubuntu servers and keep getting the same messages. I suggest you try it on a server that is not being used; you will get the same messages we are, I'm sure.

Thank you for any help that you can provide us.

I think the file you downloaded is broken. Did you try to download the latest iRedMail again?
You can download it here: http://www.iredmail.org/download.html, after downloaded, please verify it with command "md5sum", the correct value is: d5839293ae44f7c0d277ba804d4f9ed8.

# md5sum iRedMail-0.8.3.tar.bz2

No sir, that's exactly the same link I used to download it, exactly the same. I think there's something wrong in your config procedure,

Can you check please?

Oh, I found the issue, sorry!  I was able to install it OK now,.

But I have another question:  does iRedMail has itS own BIND DNS server to resolve nameservers?  I've sent up my domain so that iRedMail can resolve its own DNS.

If I'm wrong please tell me the correct procedure. If I use Godaddy's system and then create a ns1.and ns2 A records to point to my 2 IPs will that work?

Thank you!