Topic: Mailbox path

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CENTOS 6.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Sorry ,how do I change the Mailbox path for all domains users?

I am testing mailbox synchronizations and I need to change mailbox path for each user for him to access the mails on webmail.

The path on the user profile of iredadmin panel is /var/vmail/vmail1  while the actual file location is on /var/vmail/ ,when I change on the user profile the user can access the mailbox on the webmail.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mailbox path

For LDAP backend, maildir path is stored in 3 LDAP attributes:

- homeDirectory. (e.g. /var/vmail/vmail1/domain.com/u/s/e/user-20130303112525/)
- storageBaseDirectory. (e.g. /var/vmail/vmail1)
- mailMessageStore. (e.g. domain.com/u/s/e/user-20130303112525/)

homeDirectory = storageBaseDirectory + mailMessageStore

In old versions, iRedMail uses storageBaseDirectory + mailMessageStore, but not homeDirectory.
In the latest version, iRedMail only uses homeDirectory, but not storageBaseDirectory.

To update maildir path, please

1: update values of above 3 attributes. Yes, all of them if necessary.
2: Make sure mailboxes are placed under the updated maildir path. Otherwise you cannot find old emails.

P.S. May i know why you need to change maildir path for sync? Is it really necessary? Why not just use the same maildir path on both servers? How did you sync them back? Modify again?

Thanks Zhang,

The two servers are on the same iredmail versions (0.8.0),The maildir path is the same on both servers,Sorry i think my problem is on number 2 below

''Make sure mailboxes are placed under the updated maildir path. Otherwise you cannot find old email'' -how to achieve this for all mailboxes?

Bozra wrote:

''Make sure mailboxes are placed under the updated maildir path. Otherwise you cannot find old email'' -how to achieve this for all mailboxes?

If all maildirs are the same, and you have same directory structure on both servers, then they're placed under the correct maildir path.

For example, maildir path /var/vmail/vmail1/domain.com/u/s/e/user-20130303112525/ on both servers.