Topic: External Customer can not send or receive emails.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.10
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: Mail
====

A week ago I setup iRedMail server and setup two email domains. domain 1 which we use for our needs works fine. domain 2 which a client is testing for me is unable to send or receive emails. The emails are bouncing back to the senders. I have tried to walk through the setup documentation but some of the required files listed in the documentation are not installed on the server.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: External Customer can not send or receive emails.

Unable to send/receive emails? Please paste error message here to help troubleshoot, both the error message occur on your mail client and logged on your mail server (e.g. /var/log/maillog, /var/log/dovecot.log).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Unable to send/receive emails? Please paste error message here to help troubleshoot, both the error message occur on your mail client and logged on your mail server (e.g. /var/log/maillog, /var/log/dovecot.log).

Thank you for your quick reply.... I will attach both log files... I just wanted to try and clarify... my main domain "mydomain.com" is sending and receiving emails. except that the system is filtering out emails that should go to me but are not. domain2 "clientdomain.com" has two email addresses and they can send back and forth but they can not email "mydoamin.com", 90% of the emails they send out error out with "the recipient has been deleted or has no e-mail address" all though if emailed from gmail it works fine, and 90% of there clients can not send email to "clientedomain.com" it errors out and the sender receives and error message (which I have yet to see). I have looked at both log files and I can not see were it is erroring out. I am hesitant to post an entire log file as I do not want to waste space on your system.

Thank you again for your help,
Doug.

Please paste related error log here to help troubleshoot.

Thank you for all your quick replies... The error turned out to be in the dns entry for spf.... That is now solved and emails are flowing properly. This issue is now solved and can be closed.